Cleaning up layer list on Web App Builder?

08-07-2015 12:02 PM
KateGladstein
New Contributor II

Has anyone been successful in making the layer list in Web App Builder look more polished? It is a shame that Scene Online has such a professional looking layer display, that we can group layers and choose how the audience will toggle and view them, and that I can't seem to find similar choices available in Map Online or Web App Builder. I feel that I am stuck with just all my layers looking like this:3.JPG

I wish I could get the layer list to look half as nice as it does in other ESRI products... ArcMap, Scene, etc. The list looks unnecessarily simple; I would love to modify how my audience views my map and feel limited.

Bonus Question: Anyone know how users can control width of that side panel (white panel in above photo)? When I launch app, I can't change the size. Any help will award you 800 bonus points.

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kate,

I can't help with the first part of your question since it is not so much a question as an opinion. But the bonus part I can help with. Just change the maxWidth property in the

[install dir]\server\apps\[App #]\themes\TabTheme\widgets\SidebarController\Widget.js Currently it is hard coded to 365 (which is by design for mobile device compatibility).

KateGladstein
New Contributor II

Hi Robert, just to let you know that the first part was a question and still haven't found a solution. Maybe I did not pose the question so clearly. I think I explain my question better in my new thread: Grouping layers in Web App Builder?

Thank you for the maxwidth property though!

0 Kudos