Chrome 52 and WAB 2.0 DE site - Print widget does not show advanced options

Jump to solution
08-08-2016 09:47 AM
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor

I had a user that was not seeing all of the options in the print widget, namely the advanced button and title, etc - print button does show up. Once I noticed they were using Chrome 52, I upgraded and that is the problem. I haven't found any other widgets that have been affected yet. The Print widget tries to load and then I get a time out message. It does work properly in IE11. As half my users are on Chrome - not good.

Property Search

Is there a fix for this? Has anyone else noticed?  Would upgrading to WAB DE 2.1 fix the issue?

Tags (2)
18 Replies
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

Erwin,

I tried to install the patch for 1.3, and now I when I click on the OK button when creating a new app, I get this error:

TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'stripHTML'

at _createAppNode (https://myMachine:3344/webappbuilder/builder/main.js:2622:162)

Any ideas?  Can I get the old 1.3 developer download so that I can replace my main.js file so that I am able to at least create a new app?

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

yes, you can download previous version from here, SDK Downloads | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Information from JSAPI team: 
This is a known bug that chrome introduced at Chrome 52. Here is the active chrome 52 bug around this issue.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=633696
It references a duplicate issue that exhibits the behavior we are seeing in comment 15. A patch is under review in chromium. The workaround is to bust the cache by introducing a timestamp in the request.
The bug also does not show up if you submit the second request in another context. The fix may be in a patch for chrome 52.

DaveOrlando

note - September 1st, 2016 - Chrome updated to 53 and the problem still exists.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue has been fixed at app level and will be available in AGOL September release and Developer Editon 2.2. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jianxia,

Can you provide a code snippet for the changes we need to make for the fix until the next version comes out?

0 Kudos
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

This is a bug of chrome52Issue 633696 - chromium - onreadystatechange not fired for 304 Not Modified - Monorail .

To solve the problem in Print, we just need to prevent cache in chrome52.

client/stemapp/widgets/Print/Print.js

client/stemapp/widgets/Print/Widget.js

If there still have problems please let me know.

Thanks,

Zezheng

HelenZhou
Occasional Contributor II

I just found that by update Chrome to version Version 53.0.2785.116 m fix the issues with printing widget that no printing options are displayed and session time out message pops up.

MichaelJenkins

We had this problem too, starting about August 10.    Today we found that updating Chrome to version 53.02 fixes the problem, so we did not have to manually  modify any code.

Thanks for all the details in this thread.

GISP
0 Kudos