Changing the Basemap on the User End

Jump to solution
03-17-2016 09:07 AM
JessicaGormont
New Contributor II

I've added the Basemap Gallery tool to my webmap and when you open the tool all the thumbnails show up, but when you click on one to change the basemap, nothing happens. Do I need to enable the basemaps somehow in the ArcOnline step or is this something that needs fixed in the WAB? I can't find any steps that I missed in the setup, does anyone have any ideas?

Note: I am not a programmer, so please be very basic with your answers. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jessica,

When using the Basemap Gallery Widget inside WAB, you should be able to click on the thumbnail of the basemap you want to switch to and the map changes. There is no additional changes or configuration you need to make to get this working out of the box. If you are saying that your app is failing to switch the base map then you have a error/issue in your app and you should contact tech support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jessica,

When using the Basemap Gallery Widget inside WAB, you should be able to click on the thumbnail of the basemap you want to switch to and the map changes. There is no additional changes or configuration you need to make to get this working out of the box. If you are saying that your app is failing to switch the base map then you have a error/issue in your app and you should contact tech support.

0 Kudos
JessicaGormont
New Contributor II

I figured out what was wrong. The visibility scale of the base maps ends at 1:9000. I was zoomed in closer than that for testing.

Thanks! ~Jess

0 Kudos