Change widget properties with javascript?

Jump to solution
06-11-2015 05:23 PM
AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III

I want the layer list widget have certain layers turned off when the app opens. Is there a way to access the widget javascript properties for further customization?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

Amy,

The LayerList widget respects the setting of webmap, so you can change webMap if you have permission. We already have an requirement in our new feature list:

[UC-Feedback] be able to configure layers availability in LayerList's setting page #885

I think we will solve this problem in next release and user can control layers in setting page of LayerList,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Amy,

If you have the developer version of WAB then you have the LayerList widgets source code, so yes.

XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

Amy,

The LayerList widget respects the setting of webmap, so you can change webMap if you have permission. We already have an requirement in our new feature list:

[UC-Feedback] be able to configure layers availability in LayerList's setting page #885

I think we will solve this problem in next release and user can control layers in setting page of LayerList,

StanMcShinsky

Xiaodong Wang

That link you posted does not work.

-Stan

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Probably an internal only link. Good news though that you will be able to control the layers visible in the Layer List Widget in the future.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

yeah, now I know what site to hack to get my WAB insider information haha jk

0 Kudos
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

I am sorry, the link is internal and I have removed it.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

Thanks Xiaodong, I should have tried that first before posting this

Thanks!

0 Kudos