Can you cut a polygon with Smart Editor

03-04-2019 01:53 PM
AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

Can you cut or slice a polygon with the Smart Editor Widget?

4 Replies
AndyWells

I would still like to know if there is a way to cut or slice a polygon, in Web AppBuilder, using Smart Editor. If not with Smart Editor, what would be the next best option?

0 Kudos
AndyFairbairn
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy, I don't know how you would do this with the Smart Editor, but it it possible with the standard editor widget. First ensure this behaviour is enabled in the Editor widget settings, then you should see the Cut (scissors) icon at the bottom of the Editor window (see screen shots). To use, select a polygon (can use the 'New selection' black arrowhead for this), click the Cut button, then either draw a line that passes right the way through your polygon to cut it, or, to make a donut hole, draw an internal line where  the start and end of the line cross over.  Hope that helps. 

Cheers, 

Andy.

Editor widget settings

Editor widget window

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2

Sorry, I'm not answering the question but folowing as I have the same question. I want to leverage the functionality of the Smart Editor widget but I also want to cut a line using the 'scissors' part of the standard widget. I would like to avoid having two editor widgets in the app as this makes it confusing for the end user. Hoping someone has a solution or idea on if this will be possible in future releases.

Vara_PrasadM_S

Hi @PeterMacKenzie2 , We are also looking for same option. Did you find any? Could you please let me know if you find any solution. 

Thanks in advance!

With Regards,

Vara Prasad

0 Kudos