Can you create a static legend.

02-14-2017 02:01 PM
HenryMoore
New Contributor II

Can you create a static legend in Web AppBuilder Developer? I have several layers with same symbols and break points and I would like to have a bar at the bottom of the application that has the symbol and value breaks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Henry,

For your needs you would probably be best to add a image to the apps index.html with absolute positioning. Otherwise you would have to create a widget for this or add the image to the about widget.

HenryMoore
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert! I’ve been out of the loop for a while. Just got our Portal account set up.

0 Kudos
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

Could I add a question to this thread?  

I am looking to add a branding logo to the map window in the same way a static legend might work. When the view adapts to smartphone/tablet view would the static image not cause interference? 

I was thinking of trying to develop an off panel widget to simply host a png and automatically open. I've yet to figure out how but does that approach sound reasonable? 

Thanks,

Eoghan

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
I am looking to add a branding logo to the map window in the same way a static legend might work. When the view adapts to smartphone/tablet view would the static image not cause interference?

Yes it definitely could.

I was thinking of trying to develop an off panel widget to simply host a png and automatically open. I've yet to figure out how but does that approach sound reasonable?

Definitely a reasonable approach. Create a custom in-panel widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developer... 

0 Kudos
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the above Robert.

Based on this I developed a very simple off panel widget to house the image.

Works a treat and adapts with the mobile layout when required.

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to show the legend in the map instead of inserting it in app builder, or can I configure the app to show multiple widgets at the same time? I'm fairly new to app builder and am trying to reconfigure a web app that was preconfigured with an ArcGIS Solution that I have launched (Election Data Management). I want the legend to be visible to the user without having to navigate away from the Near Me widget which is one of the major focuses of the app.

0 Kudos