Can't edit feature layer from SDE

Jump to solution
09-06-2022 12:17 PM
CynthiaKozma
Occasional Contributor II

This is all new to me.  We recently moved to an Enterprise system, and I have imported a point layer into an SDE Database.  In ArcGIS Pro, I shared the layer as a Web Layer to be brought into a Web App Builder application with the Smart Editor widget so it can be edited daily.  However, when this was built on AGOL, the feature layer had the ability to turn the Editing on.  I am not seeing anything that allows someone to edit the layer on our portal --- there are no options at all under Settings.  Is this not possible to do?  Does it need to be moved into another database to edit?  The goal was to have this one layer up to date in a Web App as well as on our local machines.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CynthiaKozma

This does give me something to think about, though.  I will look into the SDE and, also, see if any changes need to be made when publishing the web layer.  At least I know that it should work.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

Not sure how helpful I will be but here is my experience. We have SDE set up and are able to edit when the data is published to portal as a feature layer. My database Admins set up the data though so i am not sure if they did anything special on the SDE side. I believe they had to make sure the system account being used by portal has write access to the tables in sde. I can't speak to anything specific to the smart editor widget as i do not use that.

0 Kudos
CynthiaKozma

This does give me something to think about, though.  I will look into the SDE and, also, see if any changes need to be made when publishing the web layer.  At least I know that it should work.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
CynthiaKozma

I did go through and republish this layer making sure that all of the editing boxes were checked, permissions all checked.  It is editable now - must have been a change in the way it was published.

0 Kudos