Can I use the default filter widget or group filter widget in web application builder to filter fields in different web feature layers

07-15-2021 02:07 PM
Labels (2)
AbdAhmad
New Contributor III

Dear All,

I am using ArcGIS enterprise 10.8 , I am using ArcGIS Web Application Builder App - Default filter widget . My Question is that I have two separate feature layers and I want to filter one field from one feature layer based on other filed from different feature layer , In other words I have a layer named "A" and a Layer named "B" , how can I use the filter widget or group filter widget or any other widgets so whenever I select the field values listed uniquely from field "X" in layer "A" , the field "Y" in layer "B" will only list the values that is correspondent to what is selected in the previous list . Please not that they are in different layers and not in the same layer (I know that it works fine if the are in the same layer) , My case is that I have main admin boundaries that have names in a layer and there is other sub admin boundaries in other layer that also has names and I want when select the name of the main admin boundary the other list that reads from  submain admin layer will show only the names on the sub admin boundaries that have belongs to the main admin boundaries (the second layer has the code for the main admin boundary).

Thanks 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @AbdAhmad,

So I gave it more thought and I do believe that there may be another option. Have you tried using the Query Widget instead of the filter widget. The query widget, which I completely forgot about, is very similar to the filter widget but it may have the capabilities that you are looking for.

0 Kudos
AbdAhmad
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

The query widget will consider spatial relationship between two layers in order to do the filtering I am looking for , but I don't see this widget as the proper widget to implement what I am looking for . What I am looking for is something more to layer-based selection that allows you to set attribute filter actions between different layers. Something  similar to the filter actions between different layers available by the ArcGIS Dashboards!

Thanks Robert

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Then how about this suggestion.

Since Layer A and Layer B both have a common attribute, have you tried creating a relationship between the two. Creating a relationship would allow for one layer to potentially filter the other simply by what it relates to. This could potentially give you what you need.

If that method has either been tested or proves to not give you the results that you are looking for, then I am afraid that there isn't a current solution aside from the solutions that were provided (or a combination of).

As suggested before, you can either create or promote the idea to the ideas page so that the community votes it enough so that Esri would be to willing to implement it. I have seen ideas get taken into consideration and even end up as part of the next set of updates. 

0 Kudos