Can I display Zip Code points from CSV in WAB?

07-21-2016 01:27 PM
deleted-user-8zpXkQfV8bQC
New Contributor

I like the new 'Add Data' Widget in AGOL-WAB, but it wants to open from http: (URL).  All I have is AGOL, desktop, and WAB site I created.  I have a .csv file with a field called 'ZIP' and I have a feature class that has over 33,000 zip code centroids.  What I would like to do, is load the .csv into the WAB site and have the zip code centroids appear as a symbol.  I don't have a LAT/LON, just City, State, and Zip.  No address.  the .csv file changes daily as well.  Any ideas are welcome.  I know geoprocessing can work, I just cannot afford ArcGIS server.  thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a row or two would help describe visually your table.

Are you looking to geocode first?

Geocode Addresses—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

assuming you don't have coordinates, since I am not sure what you mean by zip code centroids

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Dan,

No, I am not looking to geocode first.  I don't have enough credits for AGOL.  I get 2 or 3 of these csv files a day that I would like to load to my WAB site.  They are operational or temporary layers.

Example of CSV file

ID  Name  City State ZIP

1   Pine Lake Lincoln NE 68512

2   Wahoo Wahoo NE 68066

3  Taylor  Taylor NE 68879

I'd like to upload this csv file.  Need to find the upload.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

that could be an issue if you don't have arcmap available to do the geocoding prior to upload.  I know of no alternative to free geocoding

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Dan,

I appreciate the attempt.  I am not asking for free geocoding, I am simply asking for a quick way to display a .CSV file with zip codes to place a symbol on zip code centroid - OR - a way in WAB to compare the .csv file with another table full of zip codes, find the matches, and display.   I know in the MAP side of ArcGIS Online when creating the MAP before the APP, I can drop a .CSV file in the MAP with the zip code and symbols will appear it attempt to locate.  It would be cool if I could DROP .CSV to WAB.

Appreciate the response.

0 Kudos