Can an App built with Web AppBuilder 2.4 run seamlessly with WAB 2.5?

Jump to solution
09-22-2017 05:51 AM
TraceyVan_Gundy2
New Contributor II

We lost a server instance and have to re-install everything.  Our App can be re-loaded from Git, but it was built with WAB 2.4, and we had not yet completed the research on upgrading.  Now I can find links only for WAB 2.5.

If we download and switch to 2.5, will the (highly customized) app and widgets still work as designed?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can download past version of WEB Developer Edition from https://developers.arcgis.com/downloads/apis-and-sdks (after logging on):

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

When you say highly customized do you really mean high configured or are you saying that you have modified code in core WAB class and modules?

0 Kudos
TraceyVan_Gundy2
New Contributor II

A few widgets were just highly configured.  Those will be fine, I know.  But some have had major code changes/additions, and I worry about those, as they represent weeks of work (not mine; I just do the easy stuff).

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can download past version of WEB Developer Edition from https://developers.arcgis.com/downloads/apis-and-sdks (after logging on):

TraceyVan_Gundy2
New Contributor II

I've been searching all morning for ways to download previous version.  Can't thank you enough!

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I haven't been keeping up with the WAB versions.  I think my WAB was 1.2 so I thought it was time to upgrade.  I figured out how to import but it just says Uploading and has for quite some time.  Is that difference to far to upgrade? It wont kill me to start from scratch but I do wish I didn't have to do that.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Thanks but I am not good at command prompt.  Honestly, the only custom app I am using is the Enhanced Search because I use the select/buffer for parcels a lot.  If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't use the developer edition at all, just haven't found an out of the box app that would do the same thing yet.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Actually, an add to this.  Somehow not only am I unable to upgrade as I said above, now I can no longer edit my existing webmap.  It still runs thankfully, but I cannot figure out how to edit it.  Any ideas?  I think I would like to just get away from the Developer version as it has become too much of a headache for me to manage (Just don't have the time!) but that Enhanced Search has come in quite handy for me.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I just exported a 1.2 version of my app (creates a zip) and was able to import it into 2.5 and it actually seems to be running fine, although I still plan to update the custom widgets that have been updated.  I will probably use it to cut and paste some of the customized info/code, for example all the local layers I have already configured, etc.  Most of my layers are from our local ArcGIS Server.

It did take quite a while for it to import and mine wasn't super configured.  When the import started, the NodeJS window showed  "Find new widget:LocalLayer" and then did a bunch of widget copies, etc.  What I still need to figure out is whether the new was copied into my imported app.....or whether my imported app overwrote the new ones.  Anyway, look at the NodeJS window to see if there is any activity on the import.  fwiw

0 Kudos