Call a function from an ArcGIS Online Popup

Jump to solution
09-15-2016 01:46 PM
ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

Hello all,

Is it possible to call a function from an ArcGIS Online Popup? I would like to have the title of the popup direct to another part of our web based app. The URL contains a security token that changes so I can't just use an href and link it that way. We have a function that will take a field value from the layer and use it to determine what page in the application that you need to go to. We have tried using href= "javascript:functionName({value from layer}) and an onclick event. These were added inside the popup configuration area on AGOL. 

The "javascript:" and onclick events were removed when the map was saved. 

The web map displays inside our web application using an app created with Esri's Web AppBuilder. I would really like to avoid trying to customize popups from web AppBuilder but I may not have a choice.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris,

I would really like to avoid trying to customize popups from web AppBuilder but I may not have a choice.

You do not have any other option, that I am aware of.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Christopher,

Customizing your app like that will require the use of WAB Dev. There is not a way to do this in AGOL WAB that I am aware of.

ChristopherSchreiber

Robert,

I have WAB dev edition. That is what I am using to create the web apps. 

Chris

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris,

I would really like to avoid trying to customize popups from web AppBuilder but I may not have a choice.

You do not have any other option, that I am aware of.

0 Kudos
ChristopherSchreiber

Robert,

I was afraid of that, but I appreciate the help!

One thing we may end up doing is adding the request to an image as a link and then having the image show on the popup. 

Thanks again!

Chris

0 Kudos