Calculate and Summarize features in Web App Builder

Jump to solution
01-15-2019 07:38 AM
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to understand the widgets available with the Web App Builder. I have Geo-enriched population data in a polygon feature layer. I like users to select polygons (Select Widget) and then have the selection summarize (Summary Widget) the totals of the selection. I tried using the summary widget but that calculates based on the map extent. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know if there is a more appropriate widget to use?

Web App Builder Example

Thanks,

John T. Brockwell, GISP

NYC Arc

Piyali KunduLauri Dafner

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

John,

My custom eSearch widget allows you to add a summed field(s) and make a graphical selection on the map.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

John,

My custom eSearch widget allows you to add a summed field(s) and make a graphical selection on the map.

JohnBrockwell

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the recommendation. I went ahead and tested but I hit a snag. It doesn't recognize my service when I edit Enhanced Search widget. Search URL Field Required, Included Fields is Empty.

I entered the following URL:

https://ArcGISServerURL.DOMAIN/arcgis/rest/services/PopulationData/FeatureServer

I can't get around this one. Wondering if I am missing a step?

Thank you again,

John T. Brockwell, GISP

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You are missing the layer id in your url (i.e. /0).

JohnBrockwell

Thanks. That fixed it for me. Sometimes you need a number at the end sometimes you don't.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
Krocha
by
New Contributor III

How do we obtain this customized widget? I don't see it for an option.

0 Kudos