Buried Pipe Elevation Profile?

Jump to solution
05-01-2016 12:06 PM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to generate the profile of a buried pipe (polylineZ)? The user can see the profile and click on a section of pipe and get the pipe elevation.

I see Robert's Custom Widgets has an Elevation Profile Widget, and there is an Elevation Profile Template. But, these seem better suited to calculating a toppgraphic profile from LiDAR data or a DEM.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

There is definitely nothing built for this currently. I probably would not be extremely hard but it would be a pretty limited user base widget. Things to consider is how would the user select the PolylineZ from the map? The Elevation profile widget would likely handle all the charting portions of this using the _createProfileChart function but a new UI would have to be developed to handle the configuration and selection of the pipe (PolylineZ). Bottom line is this is very doable but there is nothing ready made for this and this being such a limited audience widget I don't see myself doing it due to lack of free time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

There is definitely nothing built for this currently. I probably would not be extremely hard but it would be a pretty limited user base widget. Things to consider is how would the user select the PolylineZ from the map? The Elevation profile widget would likely handle all the charting portions of this using the _createProfileChart function but a new UI would have to be developed to handle the configuration and selection of the pipe (PolylineZ). Bottom line is this is very doable but there is nothing ready made for this and this being such a limited audience widget I don't see myself doing it due to lack of free time.