Bug? Adding logo breaks My Location

Jump to solution
12-11-2017 12:29 PM
MatthewKing
Occasional Contributor II

I've been busy fixing the https links so that the My Location widget functionality app works in iOS (and Android).....and it now does.  However, when I added a logo (under Attributes / Branding) it broke the My Location widget so that it no longer works in iOS.  There's no option when adding the logo to link to it from a secure server, instead you have to upload it AGOL.  I noticed that this also happens when changing the Info Summary widget icon (and I'm assuming that will happen with all the widgets).

However, when adding a photo to the Splash widget the My Location widget still works.  So it looks like there's some inconsistency there.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody else have come across this and if you were able to come up with a solution.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Robert and Matthew,

It turns out a bug. The uploaded images are stored with HTTP protocol. The fix will be available in the next update of AGOL (should be on Thursday). Thanks for reporting this. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Are you talking about WAB on AGOL?

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

Yes, not Portal or Developer Edition

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Well then the file will have to be uploaded to AGOL then. What is the issue with that?

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

It is uploaded to AGOL (that's the only option for both saving a logo and changing a widget icon) but when you do that it breaks the My Location functionality in iOS.  I'm guessing that where ever AGOL saves the logo it's not on a secure server.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

I have not noticed this. I would contact tech support.

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Robert and Matthew,

It turns out a bug. The uploaded images are stored with HTTP protocol. The fix will be available in the next update of AGOL (should be on Thursday). Thanks for reporting this. 

MatthewKing

That's great to hear, thanks!!  Does that include both the logo and widget icons?

BTW, not sure if I should post this here, but for the widget icon, there's no way to get it back to the original icon without first removing and then adding back, but then you lose all the widget settings.

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Yes, both the logo and icons. You don't need to change anything, the app can automatically handle the correct protocol for these image resources. 

MatthewKing

Just wanted to let you know that it's now working.  Thanks for the quick response.

-Matt

0 Kudos