Beginner: Filter Widget How To Drop Down Menu

01-07-2022 12:00 PM
Labels (1)
clsavage10
New Contributor

I am a beginner level user, creating my first web app for my organization. I have been attempting to set up a filter with a drop down menu so the user can select from a list of counties. I keep getting an error: "Please set up filters correctly". I don't know what I'm not setting correctly. I figured out how to make an individual filter for each county, but this looks cumbersome. I just want a drop down box...is this possible, and if so, is there a 'how to' document for doing this because obviously I haven't been able to figure it out and the YouTube videos are really slim pickings on this topic. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @clsavage10 , does the document here help at all?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/create-apps/widget-filter.htm 

Feel free to post some screen shots of the 'configure filter' dialog box that you're working on if that might help too? 

0 Kudos
clsavage10
New Contributor

Thank you for this document! I apologize for not responding sooner- I have had quite a few other things that have needed my attention this month and am just now getting back to my map. This document is definitely more descriptive than the others I've seen so it may be just what I need. I REALLY appreciate your response! If I'm still having trouble, I'll post some screenshots.