Select to view content in your preferred language

Batch Attribute Editor - dropdown to indicate "No Value" not available

05-16-2023 10:45 AM
RodellZorilla
Regular Contributor

I have a web application in ArcGIS Online. I have two widgets for "Batch Attribute Editor" referencing different layers but the layers are from one feature service. I have selected the appropriate layers for the respective widgets.

The issue is that one of the widgets does not have the dropdown to select "No Value" after I select features, while the other has the dropdown. The result is that I cannot null the features selected by the one widget. Please see attachments. 

What could be the issue? Thank you!

-Rodell

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RodellZorilla ,

We do not recommend having two Batch Attribute Editor widgets within the same app referencing different layers from the same feature service.

Instead of duplicating the layer within the map, please try creating feature layer views from the one master hosted feature layer. See Create hosted views

I hope this approach will work for you!

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Regular Contributor

Hi @AlixVezina , thank you for your reply.  I have removed the second Batch Attribute Editor, but the issue persists where the fields specific to a set do not have the dropdown (see attachment).

I will just be creating two separate web applications. Creating a view for the feature service as suggested is not feasible (separate issue where creating a view for this feature service fails, probably because it is at least 40 GB). 

Thanks again!

-Rodell

0 Kudos
fahad_rasheed
Emerging Contributor

Hi @RodellZorilla 
Are you able to manually add value into fields where dropdown is not showing using batch attribute editor?

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Regular Contributor

Hi @fahad_rasheed , yes I can add value into the fields. The values appear to commit into the field.

0 Kudos
fahad_rasheed
Emerging Contributor

I'll suggest to republish the service in which dropdown is not showing up. Everything else you are doing correctly.

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Regular Contributor

Thank you, though in this case, republishing the FS may not be feasible as it is a large dataset (about 57 GB). I will explore Experience if it is an alternative.

0 Kudos