Basemap Gallery Widget

Jump to solution
06-14-2018 09:58 AM
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a question concerning the Basemap Gallery Widget for WAB.

How can I get my own aerial basemaps (3) to show up along side Bing and the ESRI vector basemaps within the Basemap Gallery Widget?

I've gone through creating three separate web maps, one for each of my aerial years, saving them separately and sharing them to my new group.  After obtain a Bing key, I did the same for Bing Aerial, Bing Hybrid and Bing Roads.  I then went into Organization/Edit Settings/Map and changed the Basemap Gallery setting over to my new group and enabled "Share ESRI default basemaps to this group".  The basemap gallery for creating a new web map has them all listed very nicely.

Unfortunately, this does not carry over to the Basemap Gallery Widget in WAB.  First, my new basemap gallery group doesn't even show up as a selection and then if I choose ESRI default I get the following message "There are no basemaps available because all basemaps have different spatial reference or tiling scheme from the current map."

My three aerial basemaps are coming from a published image service and are not Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere.  Is this the issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

My three aerial basemaps are coming from a published image service and are not Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere.  Is this the issue?

Yes. All basemaps used in a WAB app have to be in the same WKID and use the same tiling scheme.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Yes. All basemaps used in a WAB app have to be in the same WKID and use the same tiling scheme.

0 Kudos
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Okay.

So if I Project Raster my 3 individual aerials to Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere, republish my image service for each, and swap out these with the originally three in my basemap gallery group I should be good to go?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Correct. I maintain a Web Mercator version of all my data just for this.

0 Kudos
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

My individual published layers that are placed "on top" of my basemap(s) are not in Web Mercator.  Am I correct to understand that I do not necessarily need these layers in Web Mercator since they will be reprojected "on the fly" and sufficiently aligned?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

That is correct. I personally have all my data in Web Mercator so that I get the fastest response possible.

0 Kudos
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

I understand.  Thank you, Robert.

0 Kudos