Basemap disappears at low zoom making layers invisible?

08-23-2016 10:04 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Floodplains Beta 

So if you open this app and zoom in, you'll see that the Dark Grey basemap disappears at the super-close Zoom scales. This means that the 'white' parcel boundaries become almost impossible to see.

I tried duplicating the parcel layer, and setting a different style at a different zoom level, but AGOL won't allow me to zoom closer than 'Street' (1:9,000+) for anything...

I need the parcel lines (at least) to be visible at the really close layers. I would 'prefer' that the basemap not disappear...

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Do you have your own basemap (like aerial photography) that you can switch to when the esri basemap is no longer available? I use the esri streetmap basemap for certain lods and then have its  displaylevels set in the LocalLayer widget (that determines the LODs that the streetmap will display at) and then my aerial photography has a minScale set. I have also added multiple finer LODs to the app using the WAB UI that allow me to zoom in even closer then the streetmap default LODs.

BrianO_keefe

Ive set my LOD's in WAB... but when I zoom in the basemap drops out. Then the white borders on the parcels disappears.

I have custom aerials I can use, but how do I set them to show once the scale has been reached...?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Like I said set the min scale of the layer  in the local Layer widget

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

Is LocalLayer a custom widget?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Yes sorry I thought you had used it before. 

https://community.esri.com/thread/119548