Audio Clips in Web App Builder?

09-18-2017 08:39 AM
WhitneyNewcomb
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I am working on a web app that shows public art in the city I work in. With each of these point features of art is an audio clips describing the piece. I was hoping that I could add these audio clips into the popups - similar to how audio clips are added to features in the story map interface. Is this possible with the widgets available in the Web App Builder? Do I need to add some html for the audio in the data?

Can I also do this with video clips?

Thanks so much for any help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Whitney,

This is an interesting question and I'd be curious to hear what people say (if it can be done, etc.). This thread will get better visibility if it were moved to the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS space or Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets group. 

I know at one point Tim Witt‌ had a blog post about adding audio to a story map, but that's not really the same thing (but I thought I'd reference it here).

WhitneyNewcomb
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I moved it to the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS space - I was looking for something like that and couldn't find it initially.

0 Kudos
WhitneyNewcomb
Occasional Contributor

Can anyone answer this for me?

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Add attachments to the feature class before publishing the service and they should show up as clickable links on the popup.

WhitneyNewcomb
Occasional Contributor

Thank you James,

can you elaborate on attachments?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Just not totally sure if .mp4 or other media type like that is acceptable.

Edit: it works.