Attribute Visibility on Web Maps

02-12-2020 12:52 PM
ChadTheismann
New Contributor II

I inherited the responsibility of maintaining some existing web maps that a previous employee of my organization developed.  The web maps were developed using ArcGIS web AppBuilder in Enterprise v 10.5.1.  I’m wondering if anyone has encountered inconsistent behavior in the way the layer’s attributes are displayed.  The previous employee noted this inconsistency but never resolved.  My experience with web maps is quite limited.  

Quick summary of the inconsistent behavior:   When you click on the feature on the map, there is a popup window that lists a selection of attributes from an attribute table.  When I go to the three dots near the bottom and select “View in Attribute Table” ,  no information is visible in the attribute table.  I have other layers in my map where the full attribute table is visible.  I have other layers in my map where only the field headings are visible.   I have other layers in the map where the 3 dots near the bottom of the popup window do not appear.  The three options that appear when you select the three dots are “Pan to”, “Add a marker”, and “View in Attribute Table”.  Has anyone encountered this inconsistent behavior or similar?  Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
  1. I have other layers in my map where only the field headings are visible
    1. One possibility is that you have the filter by extent button toggled on and there is none of those feature currently in the map view.
  2. When I go to the three dots near the bottom and select “View in Attribute Table” ,  no information is visible in the attribute table
    1. One possibility is that you have added or removed fields or done other schema changes to that layer and you have not reconfigured the attribute table widget for that layer so it is looking for fields that do not exist.
  3. I have other layers in the map where the 3 dots near the bottom of the popup window do not appear.
    1. One possibility is that this layer is not returning the shape and or objectid field and thus is causing the feature action menu to not be displayed.
0 Kudos