Attribute table widget question - can the names of columns/attributes be manually edited, or aliases used?

Jump to solution
10-06-2016 05:28 PM
JenniferSwift
New Contributor III

I have a very basic question about the 3 different editions of Web AppBuilder. When developing an app, is there a way to manually edit the names of layers and attributes, or use attribute aliases, published from ArcMap directly to an ArcGIS.com organization, for example? Such as customizing the attribute widget.

I found this: http://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/create-apps/widget-attribute-table.htm - the note at the bottom states "The current version of Web AppBuilder does not support attribute editing or feature deletion through the Attribute Table widget.", but I this believe this means that once deployed end users can't edit or delete features using this widget, not referring to editing attribute names in the app at the developer end. The same note exits at the end of the attribute widget page in the developer documentation.

If anyone can point me to any example or documentation that deals with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, Jen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jen,

No there is ability to configure the names of layer and/or names of attributes in the Attribute Table widget. The widget will display the names based on the layer shown. So if you want a different layer name or field name then the edit would have to be made at the web map and/or map service level.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jen,

No there is ability to configure the names of layer and/or names of attributes in the Attribute Table widget. The widget will display the names based on the layer shown. So if you want a different layer name or field name then the edit would have to be made at the web map and/or map service level.