Attribute table doesn't add tabs for layers as they are turned on

Jump to solution
05-01-2015 09:24 AM
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

The attribute table doesn't seem to refresh its tabs after being opened for the first time.  When I launch the application, my experience is that whichever layers I have turned on in the "layer list" widget at the time that I first open the "attribute table" widget are the only layers that I will ever see tabs for in the attribute table. 

For instance, my application has parcels and fire stations.  If I turn both off, then open the attribute table, the attribute table is empty.  Even if I turn both back on and reopen the attribute table, I can never get any content in the attribute table.

Now if I refresh the page, and I turn parcels on, then when I open the attribute table, I can see parcel attributes.  However, turning on the fire station layer never makes that layer appear in the attribute table, even if I minimize or close, then reopen the attribute table widget.

If I refresh the page, turn on parcels and fire stations in the layer list before opening the attribute table for the first time, then I can see the attributes for both those layers in the attribute table.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Am I missing something in the config?  Is it a bug?  I have the app deployed locally, so if someone knows the change I would need to make to the javascript, I could do that too. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SebastianRoberts

Thanks Robert,

Esri support just logged this bug:

"BUG-000087423 .  The attribute table widget does not update when changes are made in the Layer List using secured services in a web appbuilder application."

I'll reply if I get any intermediate work around from Esri.  Just for reference, I'm using services secured with ArcGIS server token based authentication.  I've tested both with an ArcGIS online applicaiton where the user gets popped for the credentials of the secured service, and also when I deploy it locally with Portal for ArcGIS and use a dynamic proxy page to supply the credentials.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

I have seen several of these issue when using the Attribute Table Widget. Best thing to do is call tech support and walk them though your issue and if I were a betting man then it will be or already has been filed as a bug.

SebastianRoberts

Thanks Robert,

Esri support just logged this bug:

"BUG-000087423 .  The attribute table widget does not update when changes are made in the Layer List using secured services in a web appbuilder application."

I'll reply if I get any intermediate work around from Esri.  Just for reference, I'm using services secured with ArcGIS server token based authentication.  I've tested both with an ArcGIS online applicaiton where the user gets popped for the credentials of the secured service, and also when I deploy it locally with Portal for ArcGIS and use a dynamic proxy page to supply the credentials.

BingLu
by
New Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

I just noticed the exact same issue in your post. I developed a custom widget that adds query results as a feature layer, which is then added to the map. The results do display in the first tab of the Attribute Table widget the first time. However, if I add more feature layers later on, none of them gets displayed.

You have to go to the layer list, and manually click "Open Attribute Table". That actually refreshes the tabs in the Attribute Table widget.

Have you heard any updates yet? This is a pain the neck. Hopefully ESRI will fix it soon. Thanks!

SebastianRoberts

Bing,

The bug has a severity of high, and has been assigned, but I don't know when it will be fixed.  Thanks for the alternate method of turning on the attribute table.  I hadn't noticed that you can turn it on in the context menu.

LucianaArrúa
New Contributor III

Hi!

I would like to know how to add the option open attribute table on a layer, because try several alternatives and I can not add that option

thanks

0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts

Luciana,

If you have the attribute table widget and the layer list widget enabled for your application, you should be able to open the layer list, then open the attribute table for a layer by clicking on the down arrow context menu to the right of the layer name.  See the screen shot below.

attributeTable.png

LucianaArrúa
New Contributor III

Please let me know how it really works ... because AppBuilder download : arcgis-web-AppBuilder-1.1, and install Node.js gives me errors but there is no record of application something ...
This application works as to move on ??
please

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jessemaps
Occasional Contributor

I also found that once I add my attribute table widget, changes to the source web map are not reflected in the web app. My solution to fix this is as follows:

Change your WAB theme to something like "Billboard Theme" that lets you remove the attribute table widget completely (not just hide it). Then re-add the attribute table widget and it pulls in the latest layer info from the source web map.

After re-adding the attribute table to the Billboard Theme, switch back to your original theme. You'll probably have to re-do any customizations on your attribute table such as field order and alias names.