ArcGIS Web AppBuilder: can I customize the the behavior of widget group button for Dart Theme?

10-07-2022 06:40 PM
SuiHuang
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Everybody,

I am working on a website implemented with ArcGIS Web AppBuilder 2.25 (https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/).

I would prefer to use the Dart Theme since it provides resizable panel when I click the buttons on the toolbar. However, there is one thing I want to improve: I want to change the behavior of the button for a widget group in the toolbar.

In Dart Theme, when I click the button for a widget group of two widgets, both widgets will popup individually. However, I would prefer these two widgets to be in the same panel, because their content are related to each other. Below is the sample JSON configuration of the WAB 2.25 site. Is there any way to customize the behavior? If it needs to update the WAB 2.25 code slightly, can you give me some idea where to start?

"groups": [
      {
        "label": "Table of Contents",
        "widgets": [
          {
            "uri": "widgets/LayerList/Widget",
            "version": "2.25",
            "id": "widgets_LayerList_Widget_1",
            "name": "LayerList",
            "index": 3,
            "label": "Layer List 1",
            "config": "configs/LayerList/config_widgets_LayerList_Widget_1.json",
            "folded": false
          },
          {
            "name": "LayerList",
            "label": "Aerial Images",
            "version": "2.25",
            "uri": "widgets/LayerList/Widget",
            "index": 4,
            "id": "widgets_LayerList_Widget_2",
            "config": "configs/LayerList/config_widgets_LayerList_Widget_2.json",
            "folded": true
          }
        ],
        "index": 4,

To clarify the effect I am looking for, here is what I get for now.

SuiHuang_0-1665192901130.png

The effect I am looking for is something like below, for group widget button:

SuiHuang_1-1665193147572.png

Any idea may help.

Thank you!

Sui

0 Kudos
0 Replies