ArcGIS Server as publication host of Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition)

01-19-2016 07:30 AM
EzequiasRocha
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if it is possible to point an ArcGIS Server instance on ArcGIS Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition).

Could you tell me if this is possible?

Regards

Ezequias Rocha

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ezequias,

Sure that is what the Local Layer Widget was created for (assuming you are using WAB Developer version).

LocalLayerWidget and AccessifizrWidget

EzequiasRocha
New Contributor II

It was also tested with the 1.3 version of AWAB? Robert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ezequias,

Sure if you look at the latest comment on that thread you will see that it has been.

EzequiasRocha
New Contributor II

I wasn't able to make it work.

I actually didn't understand all steps and didn't figure out how to start point the URI for the first step.

So sad.

Ezequias Rocha

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ezequias,

So you downloaded the widget from link and installed the custom widget following the Deploy custom widget and theme—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers steps?

Then once you have the widget added to your app you add the layer using the widgets UI.

You still have to use a portal instance for WAB to work but you can overwrite all the layers in the web map.

0 Kudos
EzequiasRocha
New Contributor II

I will tried to use the portal of my organization but the ID I have was not ok for some reason.

Could you tell me how do I get the correct ID? Must I register some application or anything else?

Sincerely

Ezequias Rocha

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ezequias,

Follow the steps in the help docs getting started page:

Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

And you can check out Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed​ for some other info on getting the AppID Figured out.