Anyone else having issues with the insert images button not working?

11-22-2017 12:46 PM
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

Using Chrome (Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in both AGOL and Web AppBuilder Developer edition the "insert image" buttons no longer open a navigation menu. Anyone else run into this, or have a solution?

I've made sure that it's not something as simple as a popup blocker (tried it with popup blocking off completely as well as adding exceptions). 

24 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Strange very few people are having this issue so it must be some organizational (firewall or browser setting) that is preventing this. I have never had the issue in any browser.

0 Kudos
KateMajchrzak__MDE_
New Contributor II

So after much frustration, I found a way to get it to work.

It seems that the area to click on the insert image button is tiny!!! So drag your mouse from one corner of the insert image icon and it should bring up the dialogue box. I only discovered this workaround by noticing that if I clicked on different parts of the icon repetitively eventually the dialog box would open.

Good luck.

MahanyLindquist
New Contributor

Thanks, Kate! That solved it for me. Click and drag instead of just clicking.

0 Kudos
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Kate,

Clever workaround! Could you describe this in further detail. I believe I understand what you are describing, but because it isn't working for me I want to double check.

Kyle

0 Kudos
KateMajchrzak__MDE_
New Contributor II

Hi Kyle, 

Well there's not much to it, locate the insert image button and hover over it until it changes to that blue color that indicates it has been activated like so:

then start at the top left corner, holding down your right mouse button, drag towards the bottom right corner. Somewhere in there, you'll find a sweet spot and the dialogue box should open you for you.

Best of luck

Kate

AnthonyOlivieri
New Contributor

Thank you, Kate! It worked! FOUR months of trying to get this to work! 

FlorenciaPineiro
New Contributor III

Thanks, Kate! It worked for me. 

Best of luck,

Florencia

0 Kudos
CarolineDonohue
New Contributor

Thanks Kate!  This solved the issue for me too.

0 Kudos
KateMajchrzak__MDE_
New Contributor II

You are welcome Mahany Lindquist‌, it drove me crazy for months and ESRI support kept telling me they couldn't replicate the issue. It started when I got a new PC with Windows10 OS. Happy to share the knowledge.

Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All,

In Esri Technical Support we have logged the following defect report on the issue:

[BUG-000121779 Insert Image button does not work in the "About" or "Splash" widget of a Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS app on certain touchscreen systems.]

The issue seems to be isolated to certain touchscreen devices like the Microsoft Surface or the Sony Vaio Flipbook. The workaround we have listed (thanks to Kate above) is as follows: While hovering over the button, hold down the left mouse button and swipe left to right or from corner to corner and release.

Esri will review this bug to determine further action to address this issue. If you experience this issue, please reach out to Esri Technical Support so we can add your case to the defect and also so you can track it: Esri Support Contact Support

Thank you,

Scott