Add layer issue in webappbuilder developer site

158
1
Jump to solution
09-09-2019 12:42 AM
ThanHtetAung_EsriAu
Esri Regular Contributor

I have a feature layer added as portal item which is defined through Connect to secure services—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise , that concept, Add the user name/password based secure service.

I have defined web map with this feature layer, I can create the web app in the portal from this web map, this layer can be loaded.

However, I got issue loading this feature layer from WebAppBuilder Developer site (another domain), got cors issue with Access-control-allow-origin header in the response must not be the wildcard "*" when the ......

So I did add the proxy configuration and add the esri resource proxy into the webappbuilder developer site, the cors issue is gone but still cannot load yet.

Every time it reached to The layer, ${layers} cannot be added to the map error message popup and that layer cannot be added at all.

I tried with WebAppBuilder developer from version 2.6 to 2.13,( no luck)

Any Advice? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThanHtetAung_EsriAu
Esri Regular Contributor

Found out that secure layer added into the portal return broadcasted cors header *. 

And portal just behave like the proxy and forward the response.

Since app in the portal use same domain, there is no issue.

For WebAppBuilder developer with different domain, browser start checking/validating the that cors header and keep on failing.

After we request the team from secure layer side, to return the proper cors, and wildcard domain list, and then it is solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThanHtetAung_EsriAu
Esri Regular Contributor

Found out that secure layer added into the portal return broadcasted cors header *. 

And portal just behave like the proxy and forward the response.

Since app in the portal use same domain, there is no issue.

For WebAppBuilder developer with different domain, browser start checking/validating the that cors header and keep on failing.

After we request the team from secure layer side, to return the proper cors, and wildcard domain list, and then it is solved.

0 Kudos