Select to view content in your preferred language

About/Splash Widgets

07-28-2014 12:50 PM
mpboyle
Frequent Contributor

I noticed that the \client\stemapp\widgets folder there are folders for 'About' and 'Splash'.  Are these widgets available for use in the Beta2?  If so, is there a way to get them to show in the WebApp Builder?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

I don't see anyway in the Builder GUI to add either of those but you can manually add then to your apps config.json or your builders "client\builder\predefined-apps\default2DApp\config.json"

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Frequent Contributor

Robert,

I'm pretty new to JavaScript and don't know my way around it yet.  Questions I have being a newby:

1) Does it matter where in the config.json file?

2) Is copying one of the other widget snipets and replacing with 'About' or 'Splash' good enough?

3) I'm assuming something needs to be entered into the Widget.js file within the \client\stemapp\widgets\Splash\ folder?...where exactly would you enter some text you'd like to show?

Probably all somewhat straight forward questions, but like I said, I'm not used to JavaScript but am eager to learn and need a push in the right direction.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Open the config.json for your application and find the Scalebar and copy its curly brace block and replace the label and uri.

To replace the text you need to edit "widgets\Splash\nls\strings.js" welcomeMessage

Hope this covers your questions

mpboyle
Frequent Contributor

That is a good start, thanks!

0 Kudos