Web AppBuilder Edit in Attribute Table

05-18-2016 01:28 PM
ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

The Esri JavaScript API 3.16 had added editing functionality to the Attribute Table widget. Can this functionality carry over into later relases of WAB?

Thanks!

43 Comments
MichaelDerevnin

Would provide excel like experience to end users and scale up usage and buy-in.

Great idea !

PaulHoefflerGISS

Too bad to see that Esri is not engaging on this idea; we also need this.

I've submitted this request, more or less, with Esri Technical Support as ENH-000136181: Allow for users to update attributes from Hosted Tables in ArcGIS Online via Web AppBuilder

If there's a response from Esri I'll report back here.

JesseBuswell

This would be great functionality and a great feature to add to WebAppBuilder. Why can attributes be edited in the pop-up window within WebAppBuilder but not within the attribute table? 

This would have many beneficial uses in our organization. 

Please consider this as soon as possible!

CherylTrine

I just started creating web apps with WebApp Builder and was shocked to find that I couldn't edit an attribute table!  For our use it would be so much easier than having to click on each feature to get a popup to edit.  I would have thought this would have been included years ago!

Esri, please let us know if you are even looking at this!!

RachelS

Years later and still looking for this functionality for use in Portal.

Does anyone know is it in the Production Plan?

SWilander

This is still unavailable? Please make editing an attribute table by users available. So the app I have built and shared with others can be updated by them - the users, not me.

I read a lot of info on "editing in a Web App", none of it pertinent. Then I refine my googling or esri searching to "Edit feature Service in a Web App", read and learn a bunch more, none of it pertinent, then I refine my search again, "editing an attribute table in an esri web app", more reading and re-learning none of it pertinent, I have not even added that I need to share this web app with others of course you share a web app, and share it possibly outside my organization. I need to have them edit a few items in the table not edit geometry, not edit the app itself, and not do anything but add some text to the attributes in the table. The most frequent answer I get is just make the Feature service editable. Which is not a complete answer. Then what? Create a group - offer temporary esri profiles to users, stumble on this old thread for this issue to be addressed and "Kudo" it? This is rather unacceptable.

AlisonMynsberge

Also still looking for this functionality as a table editor widget for Web AppBuilder.

CatherineCallahan

Also still looking for this functionality as a table editor widget, March 2022

PaulHoefflerGISS

I get the feeling that WAB will see somewhat limited improvements going forward; Esri seems to have pivoted to Experience Builder. I haven't worked much with EB, and there are plenty of bugs that they need to work out with that one, but it does seem more flexible and like it's going to be around longer. There is a Table widget (I know because they introduced a significant bug related to it in the latest AGOL update, but then did resolve that within a week), and maybe it's more functional than the one in WAB...

CesarAvila

Any news about this? Come on ESRI, since 2016 people had ask for this! time to make it happen!!!!!