WAB Smart Editor Widget- Usability

10-16-2019 03:51 PM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hey Esri, 

A pain point in the Smart Editor Widget that our users have repetitively mentioned to us is the three options they see when hitting clear. Having all three options "Yes", "No", and "Back" is very confusing and not intuitive. Could this screen be simplified with just a simple Yes / No option and the universal X in the corner meaning back/close?

Just striving for continuous improvement of this powerful app. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

4 Comments
AlixVezina
Status changed to: Closed

@Amanda__Huber,

Thank you for posting your idea! I just wanted to let you know that we won't be making any enhancements or behavior changes to the Smart Editor in Web AppBuilder at this time, as we are only focused on fixing critical bugs.

Web AppBuilder is planned to be retired at the end of 2025. Here's the link for more information:

ArcGIS Web AppBuilder retirement—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

Amanda__Huber

Hi @AlixVezina 

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately this post was created back in 2019, 4 years ago when it was needed. I agree since your public announcement of WAB retirement, this is no longer needed. 

Thanks,

Amanda

AlixVezina

@Amanda__Huber I do apologize that a reply was not posted earlier on this. 🙁 

If you have any future ideas regarding editing within the new editing environments (e.g. within the new Map Viewer or Experience Builder) please feel free to tag me in your post. I will get a notification and make sure you receive a prompt response! 

Amanda__Huber

Thanks @AlixVezina I appreciate that and understand your team is busy. 

Have a great rest of the week.