Update Near Me Widget to respect Map Viewer pop-up configuration

01-17-2023 09:49 AM
Labels (2)
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Since the Near Me widget is not yet available in Experience Builder, I am using Web AppBuilder to create custom apps to allow our users to find social services closest to their location. Unfortunately, the Near Me Widget does not use the pop-up configuration from the current web Map Viewer. The only way for it to respect the order is for me to use Map Viewer Classic. I'm trying not to use Classic because Esri is trying to move away from its use.

Long story short: my idea is to reconfigure the Near Me widget in Web AppBuilder so that it recognizes the pop-up configuration in Map Viewer, thus removing the need to use Map Viewer Classic.

Just for illustration, here is my pop-up in Map Viewer:

AmyRoust_0-1673977679394.png

And here is how it appears in Web AppBuilder's Near Me widget (the agency's address is all the way at the bottom because it is an Arcade expression):

AmyRoust_1-1673977721422.png

3 Comments
AzizaParveen1

Hi AmyRoust,

Are you only concerned about the order? Is there any other issue you see when you are using the new map viewer?

AmyRoust

Yes, I have had other issues that forced me back to Classic. Specifically:

1. In Pro, you can add a "carousel" of images to a pop-up. That functionality works in Classic, but not in new Map Viewer. Here's a screen shot of a carousel that we have in development:

AmyRoust_0-1673987890921.png

2. The customization to show/hide rows in a table described in this blog post does not appear to work in Viewer. I can set up the Arcade queries but referencing them in HTML view does not work.

AzizaParveen1

I will check what is happening with Near Me widget and send your other concerns to Map Viewer team. Will let you know once I have any update.

Thanks so for reporting this.

Aziza