share widget

09-27-2018 08:59 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Share Widget in WAB is aweeesssommmmeeee.   It just works. Love it. Love love love it.  

it would be neat to have the Share widget make whatever layer it's drilling to, visible also. 

For example, Neighborhoods. ArcGIS Web Application  It's turned off. It would be nice  (at least as programmer's option) for it to turn the layer on as visible.  (while respecting draw scales that were set for the service of course)

I could hack it to do this perhaps but it seems like a good idea for an out-of the box feature addition.

Tags (1)
3 Comments
berniejconnors

The Share widget now has an option to remember the visible layers.  Doesn't that meet your needs?

by Anonymous User

Bernie Connors Yes it sure does! It works perfectly now in the current Builder. For a future enhancement, it would be neat if it remembered the Basemap and layers added with Add Data as well. On that note.. I wonder if that could possibly also allow the Save Session widget and others to remember basemaps, if that logic is added in to Esri standard widgets, and could thus be re-used elsewhere.

ASK1
by

It would be great when using the Share widget in WAB with "remember visibility for layers" enabled, that the resulting URL does not include every single layer in the webapp. Maybe it is possible for the widget to only include the enabled layers. As of now the URL includes every single layer, even when a layer is turned off. This is resulting in very long URLs in many cases. The URL works fine when deleting the unabled layers from the URL, and only keeping the ones I wish to show. But this has to be done manually and is not intuitive for normal users of our webapp.