Disconnected Editing Widget

06-24-2016 05:25 PM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

To all those seeking a solution for browser based disconnected editing for offline use, mark this idea UP! I understand there are other tools out there such as Collector for ArcGIS and Survey123 that allows for this offline editing capability but what about the user that needs to use a browser-based solution? Having a widget through the Developer Edition of the Web AppBuilder would sure solve a lot of my problems.

2 Comments
MichaelRobb

I dont see this being possible as Collector is a native application on the device vs a browser, what you are inquiring.  To ask a Browser on a device to hold/store data, edit and check in check out isn't going to happen. Your solution is to either use the Out of the Box Native application (e.g. Collector for ArcGIS) or build your own phone app.

Shauna-RaeBrown

Are you saying that WAB is NOT able to be used offline?  Additionally, I like the potential functionality of the WAB Smart Editor widget..

Our users won't be comfortable downloading Collector.  They are happy using the WAB apps that we've created, and use them in the field with our community's wifi.