Add GOTO XY widget in Web Appbuilder

05-24-2016 12:12 PM
DavidWheelock
Occasional Contributor III

Please add a widget to ArcGIS Online Web Appbuilder to enable a user to enter an XY coordinate and then GO TO that coordinate or make it flash or label it, like in the ArcGIS Desktop software.

7 Comments
by Anonymous User
DavidWheelock

Thank you Kevin.  I already checked out Robert's nice tool month's ago, but it can only be used in Portal.  It cannot be used in ArcGIS Online which doesn't allow that sort of customization.  ESRI doesn't allow it because of the potential to inject malware into the ArcGIS Online environment.

by Anonymous User

David, yes indeed. In that case, thanks and I agree; I voted for your idea.

ClarkLangridge

This is the same as this idea I posted a while ago: https://community.esri.com/ideas/11495.  These two should be merged together.  ESRI, feel free to take mine down and add the votes to this one.

DavidWheelock

Thanks.  I don't know how ESRI goes about combining ideas into a single idea.  ESRI?

LemaoWu

Please try the Search widget. If you have configured the Esri World Geocoding Service as the search source, you can search by coordinates in the following ways:

• x/y coordinates; x refers to longitude (east-west coordinates), and y refers to latitude (north-south coordinates)
  • Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) coordinates
  • United States National Grid (USNG) coordinates
  • Coordinates in a spatial reference specified by a well-known ID (WKID)
    The supported format is: 
    X, Y: WKID. For example: -13046165.572, 4036389.847 : 102100.

More details can be found here: Search widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, and findAddressCandidates—ArcGIS REST API: World Geocoding Service | ArcGIS for Developers .

JonasLeksell2

Hi Lemao,

Yes, your suggestion works fine, however this is not a easy to use or intuitive way to work with go to XY. It is such a simple tool that would make it much simple for non-map nerds to undersand. Now all need to understand x before y and then the current ?WKID?...  It is perhaps a simple workaround for us that live and breathe map technology. However I had a feeling that one of the most important use cases for the Portal and Web Appbuilder was to make it easy not to be a GIS wizzard.