Select to view content in your preferred language

How the ???Network Analyst Service??? can be integrated in the ???ArcGIS View for Silverlig

09-27-2013 09:25 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
How the �??Network Analyst Service�?� can be integrated in the �??ArcGIS View for Silverlight�?�?

I�??m wondering if there is a way to integrated the �??Network Analyst Service�?� with the environment of the �??ArcGIS View for Silverlight�?� or is what is described in the link below is the sole way to take the benefit of the �??Network Analyst Service�?�

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//0154000002pn000000

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27826[/ATTACH]

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Have to ask: do you have a Network Analyst License for ArcGIS Server? 

If yes, I'm sure one of the Silverlight fans can provide the info. 

If no, you are out of luck with Silverlight or any other web bsed app.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Have to ask: do you have a Network Analyst License for ArcGIS Server? 

If yes, I'm sure one of the Silverlight fans can provide the info. 

If no, you are out of luck with Silverlight or any other web bsed app.

Many thanks Joe for the help,

In the screenshot I attached in my previous post, the �??NAServer�?� Service is already there. The issue here is not the license but how to integrate the already published �??NAServer�?� Service in the Silverlight.

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Deactivated User
Jamal, there is no support widget-wise for using a map service with Network Analysis capability. If you want to integrate routing function within ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight, you need to write own widget. Another worth considering alternative is to use GP services for routing/service area/VRP solvers. They are very easy to publish since 10.1 and there is no special configuration required.

Geoprocessing service example: Shortest route on a street network
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal, there is no support widget-wise for using a map service with Network Analysis capability. If you want to integrate routing function within ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight, you need to write own widget. Another worth considering alternative is to use GP services for routing/service area/VRP solvers. They are very easy to publish since 10.1 and there is no special configuration required.

Geoprocessing service example: Shortest route on a street network

Many thanks Alexey for the help,

Many Geoprocessing tools are still missed such as:

�?� New network dataset
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28379[/ATTACH]

�?� New route

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28380[/ATTACH]

�?� Create new location tool

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28381[/ATTACH]

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Deactivated User
Jamal, hope you understand that the tools you have mentioned are in ArcMap and cannot be reached directly from the SL Viewer. Just fyi, some of the tools do exist as GP tools. You cannot create a new network dataset from scratch, but you are able to create a network dataset and then use GP tools to modify some of its properties and then run Build Network Dataset tool.

Make Route Layer

Add Locations
Look at the overview of the GP tools available in NA.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal, hope you understand that the tools you have mentioned are in ArcMap and cannot be reached directly from the SL Viewer. Just fyi, some of the tools do exist as GP tools. You cannot create a new network dataset from scratch, but you are able to create a network dataset and then use GP tools to modify some of its properties and then run Build Network Dataset tool.

Make Route Layer

Add Locations
Look at the overview of the GP tools available in NA.

Many thanks Alexey for the prompt help. This is very useful.

Still I�??m facing the following problems

1. I wanted the end user either to type the first and second address or to click on the map. How this can be integrated on the model? In the desktop, this can be done using �??create network location�?� tool. What is its equivalent tool on the model?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28390[/ATTACH]

Google earth has an integrated behavior for this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28391[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28392[/ATTACH]

2. There is nothing appear on the �??result�?� as the model is run! Then how the model can be published?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28393[/ATTACH]

3. The directions don�??t pop up as the model is run!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28394[/ATTACH]
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Deactivated User
Jamal, start simple and go through the tutorial using the ArcTutor data: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#/Shortest_Route/00570000009q000000/. When your model works fine in Desktop, you will be able to publish it successfully as a GP service, but first make sure you understand the model logic. It may take some time since you are working with a fairly complex business process.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal, start simple and go through the tutorial using the ArcTutor data: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#/Shortest_Route/00570000009q000000/. When your model works fine in Desktop, you will be able to publish it successfully as a GP service, but first make sure you understand the model logic. It may take some time since you are working with a fairly complex business process.

I�??m still struggling in building a model that finds the best route

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/95086-Equivalent-GP-tool-for-%E2%80%9Ccreate-network-location%E2%80...

The last issue is how to display the best route as the model is run from the model tool
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos