Query Tool Available

03-27-2013 09:20 AM
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III
A new Query Tool is now available for the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.  The tool allows users of the Application Builder to interactively build queries against ArcGIS Server services, presenting end-users with a simple dialog box that prompts for values to plug into the query.  End-users of a configured query tool are prompted to input query values into text boxes, drop-down lists, or both.  Results are shown on the map and in the Viewer�??s attribute table.  For developer's the tool's full source code is available.

To get started using the tool or exploring its implementation, simply download it from ArcGIS Online.
0 Kudos
16 Replies
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you try deleting the QueryTool.AddIns and then clear your browser cache or use another browser to upload it again?

I had the same problem with Chrome. I deleted the tool from Application Builder using Chrome.
After that I uploaded the Add-In using IE 9.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
A new Query Tool is now available for the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.  The tool allows users of the Application Builder to interactively build queries against ArcGIS Server services, presenting end-users with a simple dialog box that prompts for values to plug into the query.  End-users of a configured query tool are prompted to input query values into text boxes, drop-down lists, or both.  Results are shown on the map and in the Viewer�??s attribute table.  For developer's the tool's full source code is available.

To get started using the tool or exploring its implementation, simply download it from ArcGIS Online.

Hi Rich,

I managd to add this great tool to my Silverlight. The issue that after saving the web application and closing it the �??query layer�?� doesn�??t appear on the viewer or when start editing (refresh is applied)! It is not saved!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24600[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]24601[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]24602[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I cant download the addIn, is the download link right?

Thanks, Manuel

Sure, the link is correct and is working fine.
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=451259f8e47440f2b727442fe1b2f7c2

Alternatively, please, you may download it from the link below
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5rd436uehbr8cf1/QueryTool.zip

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Thanks Jamal, seems that the problem is that is not allowed from my work. I will try to download it from home.

Regards, Manuel

Hope you will be able to download it at home.

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DamianFoster
New Contributor
Is there a way to define in the configuration of the Query tool, wildcards?
0 Kudos
LaraRector1
New Contributor II
Hello,

With the tool "Query Layer".  I am setting it up to find a road name, but as someone else has already mentioned, if you use a query expression without the drop down list you must type in the full road name as it appears in the layer because there is no option for a wildcard with the LIKE operator.  ie.  Street Name LIKE "input road name".

Is this correct and will it be altered at all in the near future?

Thanks,

Lara
0 Kudos
StevePickens
New Contributor
I have experienced the same issue as Jamal where changes are not saved to the Tool.xml file even though the "Changes Saved Successfully" dialog gets displayed. I have not been able to determine what causes the issue. I only seem to have issues with the Parcels layer. I have successfully added the Query Tool to do 8 different queries in the same application, however I have never been able to add one using my Parcels layer and have the changes saved correctly. I can watch the Tool.xml file timestamp in Windows Explorer and see if my changes were saved. If I then remove the offending Query Tool on the Parcels layer the changes are saved correctly and the Timestamp on the file updates to the current time. I can add another query tool accessing a different layer in the service and it works and saves correctly.

On another topic, I would also like to see the ability to concatenate a wildcard character to the end of the string entered by the user, only if the user did not enter one, when LIKE comparisons are made. I even forget to add the wildcard character myself while testing.

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos