Select to view content in your preferred language

Proxy for SSL

01-16-2013 06:50 AM
NicholasGross
Deactivated User
I cannot get my proxy page to work correctly so that I can add layers to the application builder from a secured service. I have downloaded and set up the example proxy page, obtained a token for my service, and modified the proxy.config to include the service url and token. When I attempt to browse to the connection in the application builder, I simply get the message "unable to connect." There is no further explanation and I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong (the "Use proxy" button is checked on).

The only thing I can think of, is maybe I'm putting the wrong value into the Referrer HTTP during token creation. Since this application is not deployed and I'm just trying to get the layers into the builder, I've been using my machine as the referrer: http://<user>/Builder/Default.aspx. Fiddler does report this as the referrer when trying to connect.

I left the directory structure of the proxy example intact when copying to the server, so it is located at "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SLProxyPage\" with the proxy.ashx and proxy.config inside (as well as a folder called simple - not sure what this is). I notice that SLProxyPage is in the DefaultAppPool in IIS, should it be in SilverlightAppPool instead? I'm really just guessing at things. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0 Kudos
0 Replies