Select to view content in your preferred language

New Silverlight Viewer - Expected Release Date?

09-11-2012 05:22 AM
IanPeebles
Frequent Contributor
I have heard from a colleague that a new Silverlight Viewer is expected to be released very soon.  Anyone have and idea on the expected released and what type of additional functionality it will include?  Also, how long does ESRI plan to support the Silverlight Viewer?
0 Kudos
16 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Tom,

Yes, supporting the ArcGIS API for Silverlight�??s identity manager in the Silverlight Viewer as part of its core functionality is a high priority for the next (i.e., post v3.0) release.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
ScottBailey
Deactivated User
Hi,

I am setting up a new server and I need to know if it is worth waiting for the 10.1 compatible version of the Silverlight Builder. Will it be out by the end of next week? I would hate to go through all the trouble of installing Server 10.0 with Builder 1.0.1 and migrating my silverlight apps over, just to have do it again in a few days. I need to know ASAP. Thanks so much.
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Scott,

I am setting up a new server and I need to know if it is worth waiting for the 10.1 compatible version of the Silverlight Builder. Will it be out by the end of next week?

We're targeting the next release of the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight for next week, but I can't provide a definitive release date as we are in the process of doing final release testing. If we find an issue during testing, we need to pull the build back and fix the issue, then go through release testing again.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Honored Contributor
Is there anyway ESRI could look into a release for the SL Viewer which integrates the identity manager functionality sooner than the next major release? This is the absolute only reason i'm still working with Flex right now.

I just struggle to understand why securing via a proxy does you any good if you still need to secure the front end of the web application and then what are you to do if your not using windows based authentication and have 60 or so users in your security store on your arcgis server?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Zachary,

Is there anyway ESRI could look into a release for the SL Viewer which integrates the identity manager functionality sooner than the next major release?

FYI, the timeframe for the next release of the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is the end of the year/early Jan 2013.

Highlights of this release include:
- built-in identity manager
- support for editor tracking

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Honored Contributor
Hi Zachary,

FYI, the timeframe for the next release of the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is the end of the year/early Jan 2013.

Highlights of this release include:
- built-in identity manager
- support for editor tracking

Hope this helps,

Derek, from a planning standpoint this helps immensely! I feel much more confident about where I can consolidate my efforts and have a better development plan. Thank-you!
0 Kudos