layer  Symbology  reorder by himself  in Map Contents in the Silverlight 3.2

04-11-2014 10:29 AM
GilbertLasnier
New Contributor III
I create a line layer in arcgis 10 with 5 colors for the symbology dependent of the quantity of the traffic flow: red 2101-44230,orange for 1001-2100, jellow for 401-1000, green for 166-400, and blue for 1-165, until that its ok,
when I insert that layer in SILVERLIGHT 3.2 the order of the symbology is ok but when you right click and click on configure layer and click on symbology, the symbology is in reverse order red for 1 to 165, orange for 165-400 jellow to 400 to 1000 etc.
Then when you make a query, the result is ok for the number of line and kind but with the symbolisation in reverse order...

Do you have some idea to correct that reverse order, I try 3 hours remake my original layer publish insert in Silverlight still the same mistake, now I am completely confuse, If you want try go:http://gis.icao.int/Appsilver/trafficflow2012/
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PietaSwanepoel2
Occasional Contributor
The quickest would be to publish the service in ArcMap exactly as you would like to see it in Silverlight viewer and just add in there. Don't bother with the configuration then.

Alternatively, change the symbols/colors in the map.xml file in config. But you could break it if done in there
0 Kudos
GilbertLasnier
New Contributor III
The quickest would be to publish the service in ArcMap exactly as you would like to see it in Silverlight viewer and just add in there. Don't bother with the configuration then.

Alternatively, change the symbols/colors in the map.xml file in config. But you could break it if done in there

Many thanks PietaS175 to answer my question
Hi Gilbert,

Some one from ESRI help me to find the problem   Class Max Value Brake are wrong 165 do with 2101-44230 in the service layer
So i must remake all the service until i obtain the good class Break, i try also you map.xlm... After spending some time investigating, I discovered that the behavior you�??re seeing is caused by how the service is defined.  Looking at the service in Services Directory, the class break values do not match up with their labels:

In the Silverlight Viewer, the values shown in the legend are taken from the class break labels, while the values in the symbol configuration UI represent the actual class break field values.  So in this case, it looks like the values in the configuration UI are reversed from what�??s shown in the legend because that�??s how they are actually defined by the service �?? the underlying data for the breaks is the reverse of the labels defined for them.  If you open a pop-up on one of the routes, you�??ll see that the value of the field being symbolized, FLY_2012, matches the classification shown in the configuration UI �?? not the legend.

Is the mismatch between the class break values and labels intentional?  The only way I could reproduce the behavior when setting up my own service was to manually change the class break labels in ArcMap before publishing to ArcGIS Server.  I tested with version 10, service pack 5, but I noticed your server appears to be running version 10, service pack 2.  If the mismatch is not intentional, I�??m wondering whether perhaps there was a bug that was fixed in a subsequent service pack.
We must close that question Many thanks every body...
0 Kudos