???Go to xy??? in the Silverlight,

01-03-2013 11:20 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
???Go to xy??? in the Silverlight,

I???m wondering if there is a way to plug a tool that does similar behaviour as the ???go to xy??? of the ArcGIS.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20415[/ATTACH]

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi,

Try Go To Coordinates add-in.

Check other add-ins from the Silverlight/WPF Development Team: they have published some Viewer add-ins as well as Silverlight samples you might customize to meet your business needs.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Hi,

Try Go To Coordinates add-in.

Check other add-ins from the Silverlight/WPF Development Team: they have published some Viewer add-ins as well as Silverlight samples you might customize to meet your business needs.

Thank you Alexey for the answer.

This add-in has an issue; it doesn�??t allow the end user to choose his own coordinate system. In my case, I�??m using �??Palestinian Grid 1923�?� and I wanted to search for xy according to this system! Sounds this tool doesn�??t offer this feature

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Jamal, there is a good chance one could modify the source code in the add-in to meet your business needs.

However since you would not consider yourself being a developer, why not take a look at Flex Viewer? It has been around for quite some time and there are dozens of widgets available that my suit your needs better. Just search through the widgets available at your disposal at ArcGIS.com.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal, there is a good chance one could modify the source code in the add-in to meet your business needs.

However since you would not consider yourself being a developer, why not take a look at Flex Viewer? It has been around for quite some time and there are dozens of widgets available that my suit your needs better. Just search through the widgets available at your disposal at ArcGIS.com.

Good luck!

Many thanks Alexey for the answer.

The issue here is that the available web application builders can�??t replace one another! Each one of them has its shortcomings and advantages. A matrix can show my idea

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20550[/ATTACH]

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Jamal,

Since you mentioned the Applications Manager (the Web Mapping Application template), do you know that it is available for separate download via Customer Care Portal? In 10.1, you can still create WMAs (which are ASP.NET apps working on top of IIS web server). In the matrix you've attached, it seems like this application would suit you best.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

Since you mentioned the Applications Manager (the Web Mapping Application template), do you know that it is available for separate download via Customer Care Portal? In 10.1, you can still create WMAs (which are ASP.NET apps working on top of IIS web server). In the matrix you've attached, it seems like this application would suit you best.

Thank you Alexey.

Sure, I have the �??ArcGIS Web Applications Manager�?� and it has the very basic features that all map users love to have them

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20570[/ATTACH]

As I got:

1. The �??ArcGIS Web Applications Manager �?? ArcGISwebapplications�?� will be deprecated

2. It is quite slow since it takes the resources (Ram and CPU) from the server side but not from the client side

Is that correct?
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Right, the WMA will be deprecated and 10.1 is the last release that provides support for this. Yet I thought it is important to let you know that you have it at your disposal 🙂

Regarding the performance, it really depends. From my experience, WMA provides quite often appropriate performance level given that the hardware is adequate and the application configuration is well-tuned. Since you are not developer, you might like using the WMA and wait when more functionality will come in configurable Viewers or test building something on your own using one of the ArcGIS Web APIs.
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Jamal,

The majority of the functionality that you require may not be readily available using the application builders, but it all is most certainly achievable using flex. I provided a number if links on another thread to samples that have even developed to provide the majority of what you are after.

The application builder is still fairly new and I am sure this will develop to provide more functionality in time. The APIs are there for people to design against and develop their own solutions. As you are not a developer what I would recommend is that you use the compiled flex code without the application builder and amend the config files manually using a text editor (all the application builder does is essentially write the config files for you). There is plenty of help on the tags here:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html#/Configuration_files/01m300000017000000...

Once you are confident altering the config files you can then try using other people's widgets that have been developed and you never know in time you may feel that you are ready to look at the source code and develop your own functionality.

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

The majority of the functionality that you require may not be readily available using the application builders, but it all is most certainly achievable using flex. I provided a number if links on another thread to samples that have even developed to provide the majority of what you are after.

The application builder is still fairly new and I am sure this will develop to provide more functionality in time. The APIs are there for people to design against and develop their own solutions. As you are not a developer what I would recommend is that you use the compiled flex code without the application builder and amend the config files manually using a text editor (all the application builder does is essentially write the config files for you). There is plenty of help on the tags here:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html#/Configuration_files/01m300000017000000...

Once you are confident altering the config files you can then try using other people's widgets that have been developed and you never know in time you may feel that you are ready to look at the source code and develop your own functionality.

Regards

Anthony

Thank you Anthony for the massive help,

I�??ll be waiting better �??Web application builder�?� and at the same time I�??ll see if I can play with the code of API.

What I couldn�??t understand is that both �??Flex�?� and �??Silverlight�?� don�??t have the basic functionalities that the �??ArcGIS Web Applications Manager�?� has!

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos