Zoom with mouse not working

09-04-2014 02:57 AM
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am using the flex viewer for Year and it is grate, in the past 2 weeks and without any change that I am aware of from my side, the zoom scroll with the mouse doesn't always work, sometime it is working and sometime it is not.

Any ideas?

Thant you,

Roi Algavish

Tags (4)
29 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, here is a clunky work-around.

Appending an empty div to the body of index.html - seems to make it work for now(forced re-size).

Until someone figures out - what is really going on.  Here is the code I used:

//place this under the head

<script type="text/javascript">

function makeEmptyDiv() {

var _body = document.getElementsByTagName('body') [0];

var _div = document.createElement('div');

_body.appendChild(_div);  // workaround for mouse wheel issue in chrome

}

</script>

//replace the <body> with this

<body  onload="makeEmptyDiv();">

Marion_CountyAuditor
New Contributor III

We are having the same problem, only with Google Chrome.

0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor

I am getting reports of the same behavior.  However most of mine seemed to correlate to the push of an updated map.  I have heard that clearing the history and doing a CNTL F5 was not working but that manually cleaning out the Temp folder of the user would do the trick...dunno.  Still testing and looking for the issue.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Interesting.  I don't have Chrome, but after the last cumulative security update for IE 11, the mouse wheel stopped working correctly in IE 11.  It was working fine, after the update, it will only work if you really spin the wheel, then it will zoom in/out "a little".

Firefox was not affected so I switched.

R_

0 Kudos
JasonTipton
Occasional Contributor III

Having the same problem in Chrome and IE with one of my applications. It was built with an older version of Flex Builder (prob 3.1 ish) . My application that is working was upgraded to the 3.6 App builder .

Workarounds:

For IE: Ctrl + scroll. This resizes the page, and enables scrolling.

- Does not work for Chrome for me

Cross Browser: Resize browser: Immediately after resizing, scrolling works. This isn't exactly the best solution.

I tried Dan Durkee‌'s solution, but it didn't work for me. My content is secured and you have to login to the map before all of the content loads. I found that no method if performed before logging in will solve this issue. So, if you have some javascript firing after page load, it will not work.

This was my quick and dirty solution:

<script type="text/javascript">

function waitThenResize() {

var resizing = setInterval(function() {resizeM()}, 10000)

setTimeout(function() {clearInterval(resizing);}, 120000)

}

function resizeM() {

if (document.getElementById('index').height == '99.9%')

{

document.getElementById('index').height = '100%'

}

else {document.getElementById('index').height = '99.9%'}

}

</script>

This will resize the map object every 10 seconds for 2 minutes which will be long enough for the user to log in. Once the user logs in and the map resizes, they can use the scroll wheel to zoom in/out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

I just "upgraded" the application that wasn't scrolling from 3.0/3.1 somewhere in there to the current 3.6 app builder. Scrolling now works without any work-arounds.  Assuming this is some sort of Flash Update that caused this? Can anyone confirm that

1) they are having this problem with versions older than App Builder 3.6

2) They are not having this problem with 3.6.

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

Now we've noticed this problem in IE 10 as well, (seen it only in Chrome before).
Our application is based on the 3.1 viewer, with some customizations, so upgrading requires some work...
I tried to download the compiled 3.6 viewer och used the default config and I have this problem with that application as well.

0 Kudos
BrianKang
New Contributor II

We are also having the same problem reported by a number of users.  We are using Chrome 37.0.2062.120 m, Windows 7, accessing Flex Viewer 3.6 website.  No rollerwheel issuses with other browers.  I found out that when you first open Chrome and access the website the wheel doesn't work. Hitting F5, refreshes and it works.  Any solutions yet?

0 Kudos
ylh
by
New Contributor

I have the same problem only with   wmode = "Opaque"

0 Kudos
HastiShwan
New Contributor

It is Easy Guys, It is not the Flash proplems. No need to restart or Update flash Just Do :

Right Click on the Screen > Data Frame Properties > Data Frame > Extend

Change Fixed Scale of Fixed Extend To Automatic

0 Kudos
Erickson_Contract_Surveying_
New Contributor

Not seeing this option in Settings of Chrome when right-clicking in map

0 Kudos