Select to view content in your preferred language

WMTS layer offset. Is it a bug?

Jump to solution
04-10-2013 03:45 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vdkamp

I have added the ESRI WorldTimeZones WMTS sample server to the viewer. The layer is shown in the viewer but with an offset of about 900km!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23371[/ATTACH]

The same occurred with a other WMTS services.

Is there still a bug in the WMTS layer? Others have mentioned also problems with WMTS. Could someone of ESRI respond before we all spend time on solving a problem that isn???t ours.

Thanks,
Albert.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everyting works under 3.3!

The WorldTimeZones WMTS service "tilematrixsetid" had to be set to "default028mm" and now it works. And also data from our own WMTS server, created by placing GeoWebCache for our non-ESRI WMS service, is placed on the right spot.

Thanks,
Albert.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A bug report is made by ESRI: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDkxMDMx
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Albert, I'm not able to reproduce your "shift" issue, nor the issue in that NIMBUS bug.

But a general tip if you're having problems with WMTS is to use the more generic (and more forgiving) WebTiledLayer that was introduced with 3.1 (end of last year).
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/apiref/com/esri/ags/layers/WebTiledLayer.html

Also, if you want to access the specific service "ESRI WorldTimeZones" (or any other ArcGIS Server hosted service), it's usually better to access it using ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer (instead of WMTS).

If you have a specific non-ArcGIS service that you have problems with accessing, assuming it's publicly available, please share the specific URL and someone here might be able to help.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Bjorn,

At the time I made this message, april this year, this bug was reproduced by ESRI The Netherlands. And, as far as I know, it was made an official NIMBUS bug by ESRI Inc because they could reproduce this problem also. At that time API/Viewer version 3.2 was the latest. I'm still developing an application in 3.2 so I did not test it in the latest release. I assume that you use 3.3?

The problem occurred for instance in the viewer with the combination:

<map wraparound180="true" wkid="3857" initialextent="340000 6570000 810000 7121000" esrilogovisible="false" top="0" openhandcursorvisible="true" addarcgisbasemaps="true">

and

<layer label="World Time Zones" type="wmts" visible="true" servicemode="KVP" tilematrixsetid="nativeTileMatrixSet" layerid="WorldTimeZones" url="http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/WorldTimeZones/MapServer/WMTS" imageformat="png"/>

When I would use tilematrixsetid=�?�default028mm�?� it cannot be combined with addarcgisbasemaps=�?�true�?� because the basemaps scales are not available for the default028mm-version of the WorldTimeZone WMTS server.

I just checked: the problem is still there in my 3.2 version Viewer/API.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everyting works under 3.3!

The WorldTimeZones WMTS service "tilematrixsetid" had to be set to "default028mm" and now it works. And also data from our own WMTS server, created by placing GeoWebCache for our non-ESRI WMS service, is placed on the right spot.

Thanks,
Albert.
0 Kudos