Select to view content in your preferred language

Viewer 2.4 source code error

08-15-2011 09:16 AM
AzizulAlam1
New Contributor
Hello,

I have downloaded the Flex Viewer 2.4 and import project in Flash Builder 4.0. But it is not running because of huge error. Most of the error is occurring for layoutDirection component. In total 5 mxml files are infected with same error. I am telling individual problems one by one.

1. src>com.esri.viewer>skins>MapManagerSkin.mxml : 2 errors

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type spark.component.supportclasses.skin"

2. src>com.esri.viewer>skins>WidgetTemplateSkin.mxml : 22 errors

"Access of undefined property layoutDirection"

3. src>Widget>Navigation>NavigationWidget.mxml : 1 error

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type widget.Navigation.Navigation"

4. src>Widget>OverviewMapWidget>OverviewMapWidget.mxml : 1 error

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type com.esri.viewer.BaseWidget"

5. src>Widget>WidgetContainer>WidgetContainer.mxml : 2 errors

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type Spark.components.Border.container"

2 layoutDirection component are different in 2 files. I am not sure whatever it is write or wrong: In MapMangerSkin layoutDirection ="ltr" where as in WidgetTemplateSkin layoutDirection == "rtl"

Please Help me to solve this.

Regards
Md. Azizul Alam Toton
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Azizul,

Your not the first one to miss these sections of the documentation:

From the What's New in 2.4 Viewer (under "General Changes"):
Compiling the source code [for ArcGIS Viewer for Flex] requires Adobe Flex 4.1 or above. This is to support Arabic and other right-to-left locales. Note that the API itself still works with 4.0, 4.1 as well as 4.5.

It's also mentioned briefly in the "Upgrading your viewer Code":
In version 2.4 of the Viewer, Adobe Flex 4.1 SDK is the minimum SDK version to compile with.

as posted by Bjorn in this thread
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/35876-ArcGIS-API-for-Flex-2.4-just-released-%29?p=121408&viewfull=1...
0 Kudos
AzizulAlam1
New Contributor
Thanks a lot.
I have to upgrade my Flash Builder 4.0.

BTW, Can you tell me how I use flex SDK 4.1? I didnt use it when I Installed Flash Builder 4.0. I want to tell that as like silverlight do i need to install the SDK?

Thanks Again
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Azizul,

Yes you need to download the 4.1 SDK and extract it to your Flash Builder SDK directory. If you need help with that just Google adding a flex sdk.
0 Kudos
AzizulAlam1
New Contributor
Azizul,

Yes you need to download the 4.1 SDK and extract it to your Flash Builder SDK directory. If you need help with that just Google adding a flex sdk.

Thanks a lot again Robert Scheitlin. I am new at this platform. Wish to get same response like this from you in future.

I have downloaded all the widget submitted by you and I saw the live application of those. Those are awesome. How I integrated those widget to flash builder? However Now I am trying to add my own dynamic mapping to it. But I didn't find it. I am working for Bangladesh. That is why the online tiles mapping is not enough for me. I have to add Dynamic and feature layers. I also have to change the data for Bangladesh. Where can I get the detail procedure to do those above works?

Thanks in advanced again.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Azizul,

To publish your own data you need ArcGIS Server installed and to become familiar with publishing map services using Server.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I am working for Bangladesh. That is why the online tiles mapping is not enough for me. ... I also have to change the data for Bangladesh.

Another alternative might be to use OpenStreetMap.  Have you looked at OpenStreetMap data?  It's the only pre-created tiles that seem to have detailed data for Bangladesh.  Plus, you can add & edit the street data as well (on the openstreetmap website).

See http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/live/index.html?config=apps/config-css-cobalt.xml&exten...
0 Kudos
AzizulAlam1
New Contributor
Azizul,

To publish your own data you need ArcGIS Server installed and to become familiar with publishing map services using Server.

I am already working with ArcGIS Server. I tried flex app with single mxml files and imported maps from server REST endpoint url. But in ArcGIS viewer for Flex i am unable to import maps from Server.
0 Kudos
AzizulAlam1
New Contributor
Another alternative might be to use OpenStreetMap.  Have you looked at OpenStreetMap data?  It's the only pre-created tiles that seem to have detailed data for Bangladesh.  Plus, you can add & edit the street data as well (on the openstreetmap website).

See http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/live/index.html?config=apps/config-css-cobalt.xml&exten...

Thank you for introducing me with this OpenStreetMap Service. Is there any rest end point url for OpenStreetMap Service?
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you for introducing me with this OpenStreetMap Service. Is there any rest end point url for OpenStreetMap Service?

No, OpenStreetMap is not an ArcGIS Server.  You would use non-FlexViewer tools to edit the data (see the openstreetmap website for more information).

But if you already have an ArcGIS Server (9.3 or later) set up, then I'd focus on making that work with your Flex Viewer.
0 Kudos