Various Editor "Skin" Issues/Questions

06-25-2012 12:51 PM
SeanMeehan
New Contributor
I am trying to customize my application a bit so it doesn't look too "out of the box".  But for the life of me I can not figure out where to make these changes.  I am pretty sure these weren't like this until I started messing with the skins themselves.

Any help on any of these issues I am having is greatly appreciated!

#1 - The gray rectangle when you hover over the feature to add it is the same size no matter if the feature name is longer than the rectangle (as pictured) or shorter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15468[/ATTACH]

#2 - There is a large gap above and below the title "Attributes" in the Attribute Editor window.  Also, is there any way to change the X Close box in the upper right corner and make it whatever symbol you want like I have in the Editor Widget in picture #1?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15469[/ATTACH]

#3 - Has to do with the PopUpInfo window, is there any way to change the X Close box here as well?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15470[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MehulChoksey
Esri Contributor
#1 In EditWidgetTemplatePickerListItemRenderer.mxml,
Change width="230" to  width="100%"

<s:ItemRenderer xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
                xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
                name="EditWidgetTemplatePickerListItemRenderer"
                width="100%" height="38"
                focusEnabled="false"
                mouseChildren="false">

#2 Do you have a publicly available service  to try?

#3 You can change the close button by setting the skin class for infoWindowClose button in defaults.CSS
As a starting point create a copy of InfoWindowCloseButtonSkin.mxml that comes with the ArcGIS API 3.0 for flex download.Modify the skin and specify indefaults.css as follows:

esri|InfoWindowCloseButton
{
    skinClass: ClassReference("com.esri.viewer.skins.MyCloseButtonSkin");
}

Note that doing so, the changes will be across board.

Mehul
0 Kudos