Select to view content in your preferred language

Username and Password

Jump to solution
06-27-2013 12:21 PM
TimHayes
Regular Contributor
I rebooted our server and now when I access our Flex (Flex 3.0) Map Viewer via Internet Explorer, I prompts me for a username and password for each layer in the TOC. It does this everytime I reboot our server. I know the username and password, it is the same that I use to log into ArcGIS Server Manager.

How do I set up my services where they do not require a username and password when accessed in our Flex map viewer?

thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHayes
Regular Contributor
I rebooted our server and now when I access our Flex (Flex 3.0) Map Viewer via Internet Explorer, I prompts me for a username and password for each layer in the TOC. It does this everytime I reboot our server. I know the username and password, it is the same that I use to log into ArcGIS Server Manager.

How do I set up my services where they do not require a username and password when accessed in our Flex map viewer?

thanks.

I solved the problem.

I went into ArcGIS Server Manager - Security - Configuration Settings

Change User Store and Role Store to Windows Domain

Authentication Tier to GIS Server

Authentication Mode to GIS Tokens

It works now. My users open our Flex Map Viewers in Internet Explorer and are no longer prompted to enter a username and password.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimHayes
Regular Contributor

thanks.

I solved the problem.

I went into ArcGIS Server Manager - Security - Configuration Settings

Change User Store and Role Store to Windows Domain

Authentication Tier to GIS Server

Authentication Mode to GIS Tokens

It works now. My users open our Flex Map Viewers in Internet Explorer and are no longer prompted to enter a username and password.
0 Kudos
LizDaRos
Occasional Contributor
Is there anything else you did?
I have the same configuration settings as you and I still get prompted for a user name and password every time I open and close the flex viewer 3.3. Did you create any tokens?
0 Kudos
TimHayes
Regular Contributor
Nope, I did nothing else except restarted IIS and ArcGIS Server under Windows Components.

I hope this is a permanent fix. I went and re-entered my windows domain, username, and password from ArcGIS Server Manager Security settings. Then the problem went away.

This started happening after the April 2012 Window Patches. Before this time all was good.

My ArcGIS settings and Flex 3.0 settings are all the defaults. No tokens. No proxy.

This seems like some sort of bug in ArcGIS Server 10.1. Maybe?

I have never been able to find or get an answer on why the username and password for each service is asked for when a user opens the Flex viewer sometimes and other times it does not.
0 Kudos