Token Issue

06-17-2013 11:35 AM
KennethLyons
New Contributor
I'm currently attempting to access a secured REST service using Flex 2.5.  I've generated several tokens and initially they seem to work just fine.  Then at some point they appear to not be valid any longer.  I've set the expiration to 365 Days also tried 525600 Min (which is the equivilent of 365 days).  As there doesn't appear to be any set pattern as to when the token expires, I've been trying many different possible solutions, all of which have been unsuccessful. 

I've had the Host of the server check thier options for long term tokens and it's set correctly.
I've tried using different combinations of times that are equivelant to 365 days (thus the 525600 minutes).
Looked into the crossdomain.xml, but if I'm understanding correctly that would be on the server end and not the user.  And since I'm told other people are able to use this service without issue, I doubt its the crossdomain.xml.

I'm attached a copy of the error that I'm recieving.  If anyone can think of any other possible solutions, I would much appreciate the assistance.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kenneth,

What version of ArcGIS Server are you using? In ArcGIS Server 10.1 when you choose the security tab you might see something like this:

Lifespan of Long-lived Tokens:         1 day

Which means no matter how long you request the token for it will expire in one day, until you change this.
0 Kudos
KennethLyons
New Contributor
I'm not the host of the server, but I believe that it's 9.3 since I have to use the uniquevaluerenderer to differentiate between  symbology. 

I've already spoken to the host of the server and the settings have been changed for long lived tokens.  And the duration of the tokens is NOT consistant.  Sometimes they last a few hours, other times a few min, and still other times they do not work at all. 

I'm really not sure what else to try to correct this issue.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kenneth,

I don't have any suggestions... I would call tech support or have the server owner.
0 Kudos
KennethLyons
New Contributor
I've been working with the server host and we believe that the issue has to do with the certificates not matching up.  They are looking for ways to get a copy of the certificate to me to install on my server, but are unsure if that's possible.

In the meantime, is there anyway to account for certificate errors in the source code similarly to the way tokens are used for username and passwords?  This may eliminate similar issues in the future as well.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kenneth,

I do not work with https so you are beyond me realm of expertise.
0 Kudos