TOC Move up and Move down problem

02-23-2012 10:35 AM
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor
I'm using Robert's TOC widget, on GIS server version 10.01, flex 2.5, uncompiled. When I first click 'Move down' from the menu on a layer, or Move up, instead of moving down or up one step in the TOC list, it goes to the bottom of the widget, separated from the other layers, as in the attached screen-shot. These layers are all tiled, i.e. not dynamic.
The first screen shot is TOC when first opened, the second is TOC after moving down the Elementary Boundaries.

Thanks,
Jim Faron
0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

James,

Just to make sure you did see this portion of the ReadMe.txt right?

* It is your responsibility to disable the layerlist portion of the MapSwitcherWidget or eMapSwitcherWidget by setting the        *
* <layerlist visible="false">                                                        *
* Also ensure you do not use the TOCWidget with the LayerListWidget.
0 Kudos
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

I've never used the layerListWidget, but just to be sure I removed it from Flex Modules list. The behavior in the TOC is still as described in the original post.
I also made sure that layerlist visible was set to false in the eMapSwitcher and MapSwitcher widget xml.

Thanks,
Jim Faron
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jim,

I will have to do some testing using all tiled map services.
0 Kudos
JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

Another issue with the tiled service: even though I can eventually move the layer up or down in the list (after the initial drop to the bottom as in the screen shot), when I test the visibility, I find that the layer's visibility doesn't actually move, i.e. the service displays on the map in the same order as in the configuration file, regardless of where it is in the TOC.

Thanks,
Jim Faron
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jim,

I am really struggling to reproduce your error. Even using tiled map services as operational layers I can not get it to produce the results that you are seeing. What does your config.xml look like?
0 Kudos
MattGiles
New Contributor
Jim,
Did you ever find a solution for this? Im having the exact same issues using Roberts Accordion TOC..the issues only exist for tiled services as well..
Cheers
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jfaron44

My apologies for not checking back on this issue (I wish we would have email notifications with thread responses as we used to).

Yes, I am still seeing this issue with the 2.5 version of the TOC widget, thus I am still using the older version. The second issue that I had, regarding layer visibility when moving the layer, must have been caused by a memory issue, since that does not happen, i.e. when I move the layers in the TOC, they move as expected on the map. But initial issue is still happening, even  when I reduce the map layers in my config. I haven't had a chance to try to debug.

Thanks,

Jim Faron
0 Kudos
JamesKo
New Contributor III
Were you able to resolve this as I am having the same issues...
0 Kudos