thematic-widget-flex

01-24-2013 08:35 AM
LloydHeberlie
Occasional Contributor
This is the forum for asking questions related to the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex ThematicWidget hosted on GitHub (https://github.com/Esri/thematic-widget-flex/) and referenced on ArcGIS.com.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
37 Replies
ShepardSorrell
New Contributor III
Hi Skip,

I wanted to implement this when I was writing the samples and widget.  Unfortunately if the server is performing the labeling, there aren't many options other than what is listed with the labelExpression. See the REST API link below.
ArcGIS REST API - label

You can see more advanced samples below:
LabelOptions Wizard
Dynamic labeling
Dynamic labeling - advanced

Here is the Flex doc:
Flex API doc - LabelClass
Flex API doc - LabelOptions

Can you please submit a support incident for this?  This will create a internal tracking number for this issue which will be reviewed by the server team.  The more customers that request this functionality will raise its priority to implement.  Can you also create a suggestion on the ideas site?

Thank you,

Thanks for the links Lloyd.  I'm not quite to the level of working in the source documentation yet but I think I'm getting there.
I'll submit the support incident and put a note on the ideas site.  Thanks for building this widget.  It's really handy.
Skip
0 Kudos
ShepardSorrell
New Contributor III
Idea entered and Support Incident created.  Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
BrentFoster
New Contributor II
Does this support bubble maps?  (Point Dynamic Layers)  Would be very useful if it did.  Thanks for sharing this, very nice widget.
0 Kudos
LloydHeberlie
Occasional Contributor
Does this support bubble maps?  (Point Dynamic Layers)  Would be very useful if it did.  Thanks for sharing this, very nice widget.

Hi,

I am glad you find the widget useful.  Unfortunately, it does not support the concept of "bubble maps".
0 Kudos
RayCrew
Occasional Contributor II
It was reported in a thread from April 2013 this widget could not work on double fields.

Based on what I am experiencing, not being able to use double fields is either inconsistent or was addressed in a later release. I am using version 3.6 and am able to display double data as shown below.

Does anyone know if I am taking a risk it will fail or has it been fixed? It is not mentioned on the change log.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30371[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
LloydHeberlie
Occasional Contributor
It was reported in a thread from April 2013 this widget could not work on double fields.

Based on what I am experiencing, not being able to use double fields is either inconsistent or was addressed in a later release. I am using version 3.6 and am able to display double data as shown below.

Does anyone know if I am taking a risk it will fail or has it been fixed? It is not mentioned on the change log.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30371[/ATTACH]

There is an issue on the GitHub repo related to this, please help identify the issue.  I need more information to know if it is an issue with the Legend skin or the version of ArcGIS Server you are using.  I am currently not seeing this issue when using the service from sampleserver6.
0 Kudos
RayCrew
There is an issue on the GitHub repo related to this, please help identify the issue.  I need more information to know if it is an issue with the Legend skin or the version of ArcGIS Server you are using.  I am currently not seeing this issue when using the service from sampleserver6.

As I stated above, I am not experiencing this reported issue. I was asking if it this issue was fixed. Based on your and my experience, I suspect it was fixed but not noted in the change log.
0 Kudos
RayCrew
Is it possible to restrict the color ramps users can choose? I know it is possible to set the default ramp, but would like to restrict the ability of the user to choose their own colors.
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
Is it possible to restrict the color ramps users can choose? I know it is possible to set the default ramp, but would like to restrict the ability of the user to choose their own colors.

You could hardcode the color picker to only contain specific colors, if that would help out. Or did you want the user to select only particular ramps that you have defined?
0 Kudos
RayCrew
You could hardcode the color picker to only contain specific colors, if that would help out. Or did you want the user to select only particular ramps that you have defined?

How would you hard code the color picker? That would help, but yes I would rather specify just four or five color ramps for the users to choose from.
0 Kudos