Select to view content in your preferred language

Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
PedroGarcia
Deactivated User
Pedro,

If you look at my site http://gis.calhouncounty.org/flexviewer2.0/ and right click on Annotation and zoom to make visible and then scroll down to county boundary and do the same you can see that the zoom in and out to scale works fine. So the Question is how do you have your min and max scales set on your data that is causing it not to work?...

Roberts,

Sorry for the delay in answering you. I've tried to look at your site, but for the moment isn't working. Anyway you can look at my site http://iderm.imida.es/flexviewer  (your widget is the tool named as 'Otros mapas'), where you can visualize the problem I told you with the service 'Demanda agraria (MU)' that contains two layers displayed at different scales ('Municipios Region de Murcia' with maximum scale 1:25001,  and 'Demanda agraria' with minimun scale 1:25.000). When you select 'Demanda agraria' to make it visible it works fine, but next if you  select 'Municipios Region de Murcia' to make it visible, it doesn't happen anything, but if you zoom +, and next select Municipios to make it visible, now it works fine. Any idea?. This funtionality works fine in Arcmap with the mxd project in wich is based the service.

On the other hand, it would be great if your widget is able to group several services as if it was only one. Do you understand me? The idea is to be able to reduce the initial tree in TOC.

Regards, Pedro.
0 Kudos
KristelMeikas
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

First off thanks for a great widget!

I seem to have one problem with it and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it and has found a solution. Namely when scrolling the map legend using mousewheel the scrollbar gets stuck and the up-down buttons also don't work anymore. When the scrollbar is dragged, the buttons work correctly again, until legend is scrolled with the mousewheel. The TOC however works without any problems.

If anyone can help with that issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Kristel
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kristel,

I can not duplicate your issue on my live site or on my development environment... Not sure how to fix something I can't reproduce.
0 Kudos
KristelMeikas
Emerging Contributor
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your answer. I tried to reproduce it previously on your live site, too. Mostly without success 🙂 However, I noticed that it might have something to do with resizing the widget. For instance, once the scrollbar disappeared altogether after resizing and another time, it got the same glitch as in my application. But this doesn't even happen every time I resize the widget.

In my application it happens almost always, perhaps because the legend I have to show has a lot of items in it. The application in question is viewable here: http://81.20.152.94/egk and legend glitch can be seen if zoomed in to at least 1:1 000 000. If you have any suggestions what I could try, I'd be very grateful, because I'm out of ideas.

Regards,
Kristel
0 Kudos
KristelMeikas
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

just thought I'd let you know that I found a workaround for my mysterious scrolling problem - I placed the LegendDataGroup inside a regular spark Group (which made the scrolling slow, but modifying the scrolling delta helped there). I still don't know exactly what caused the problem in the first place, but this helped me get over my troubles.

Regards,
Kristel
0 Kudos
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
RS
I'm getting a bit of weird behaviour coming from the dynamic legend portion of the widget. I have a polygon layer that is Classified, then Grouped into 3 categories.

However what I am getting with the legend, are the unique values - in the classed colours.

I am using AGS 10.1 as well as ArcGIS Desktop 10.1
I used a .msd to publish. There is scale dependancy at the group level

My Map app is here: http://www.mapservices.ca/mapit2/
My rest service for the layer (Cut Block) is here: http://www.mapservices.ca/ArcGIS/rest/services/MAPIT2/MapIt2/MapServer/5

If you 'zoom to make visible' the Land Use grouping, then look at the dynamic legend pane, the Cut Blocks are showing a symbol for each unique value with the label from the grouping (I had grouped and categorized into TL, FLA, and TFL in my arcmap)
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Nathan,

You will notice that I am showing exactly what the Drawing Info:  at the REST Service directory is showing when you go to that url:

http://www.mapservices.ca/ArcGIS/rest/services/MAPIT2/MapIt2/MapServer/5
0 Kudos
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
Nathan,

You will notice that I am showing exactly what the Drawing Info: at the REST Service directory is showing when you go to that url:

http://www.mapservices.ca/ArcGIS/rest/services/MAPIT2/MapIt2/MapServer/5

Roger Roger. 2nd set of eyes is invalueable. Thanks.
0 Kudos
giuseppemolinario
Deactivated User
Hi Robert,

re: raster legends...

So I came a long way from my last post some time ago, and finally managed get my rasters to be properly served and displayed in the ESRI legend widget.

My problem still is not being able to take advantage of your TOC widget, because of my need to display dynamic legends for Rasters (classified imagery - not the secret kind - the kind in classes 🙂

So I guess my question is, what is easiest (if either one is easy at all): disabling the legend portion of your TOC, or, making the legend part of your TOC work with the raster legends that Arcgis server 10 is serving up from REST now?

I have my flashbuilder environment setup and working properly with v. 2.2, but alas have not had time to take a look under the hood yet.....probably a good thing....

thanks again -

giuseppe
0 Kudos
ChristopherBlinn
Emerging Contributor
Giuseppe,

I know it has been close to a year since anything has been posted in this thread but after reading all of the posts I think I am dealing with a similar situation as you were.  I would like to display both raster and vector data in Robert's legend widget.  My raster data has been classified into three classes, and labeled appropriately in an mxd.  I created a map service of the mxd, and the rasters display just right, except they serve very little purpose if the user cannot see what each class means.  You mentioned figuring it out to some level and I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos