Select to view content in your preferred language

Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
DaleSmith1
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

I'm using your TOC widget for Flex viewer 3.0. I have a dynamic service with a number of sublayers. Each sublayer is symbolised into classes based on a year attribute. If there are two or more classes, the symbols and their respective class names are listed below the name of the sublayer in the TOC - as you'd expect. But if a sublayer has only one class, the name of the sublayer is displayed next to the symbol and the name of the class is not included anywhere (screen shot attached). The same thing happens if I add the sublayer as a feature service instead.

Is there a way to get around this? I'd like to have all sublayers displaying in a consistent manner in the TOC regardless of how many class symbols the layer has.

Thanks,
Marianna
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alex,

The widget is designed to create the TOC item at initalization and there is nothing that attempts to update the TOC short of add a new layer to the map, removing, or reordering layers.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Marianna,

That is just the way it is right now by design. I will add it to my enhancement request list but I don't have much free time right now.
0 Kudos
AlexanderBrown1
New Contributor II
Robert,

Great to know! Thanks for your quick response.

Alex
0 Kudos
KimberlyEdmunds1
New Contributor
Hi,

I recently downloaded the TOC widget, which I was able to add in the Flex Viewer. I am inexperienced with widgets and xml code, but I would really like to build a web map application that utilizes this functionality. I read the ReadMe file and scanned the forum but still do not know what to do next. Right now in preview mode the TOC is blank except for the words "Layer Visibility." I'm assuming that's because I haven't modified the xml code. I am using arcgis for organizations/hosted services thru arcgis.com. I would appreciate any feedback or links re: next steps, e.g., what lines of code I need to address. Thank you

Kim
0 Kudos
JeffersonFerreira_Ferreira
New Contributor III
Hi,

I recently downloaded the TOC widget, which I was able to add in the Flex Viewer. I am inexperienced with widgets and xml code, but I would really like to build a web map application that utilizes this functionality. I read the ReadMe file and scanned the forum but still do not know what to do next. Right now in preview mode the TOC is blank except for the words "Layer Visibility." I'm assuming that's because I haven't modified the xml code. I am using arcgis for organizations/hosted services thru arcgis.com. I would appreciate any feedback or links re: next steps, e.g., what lines of code I need to address. Thank you

Kim

Hi Kim;

All you need is add the lines to your config file. Are you using Flexviewer 2.5 or 3.0? Remark you cannot use this widget with the LayerListWidget and or MapSwitcherWidget with the layerlist visible="true". If post here your config and TOCWidget I can take a look.
0 Kudos
KimberlyEdmunds1
New Contributor
Hi Kim;

All you need is add the lines to your config file. Are you using Flexviewer 2.5 or 3.0? Remark you cannot use this widget with the LayerListWidget and or MapSwitcherWidget with the layerlist visible="true". If post here your config and TOCWidget I can take a look.

Hi Jefferson - Thank you for your reply. I am using Flexviewer 3.0. I turned off the MapSwitcherWidget and am not using the LayerListWidget. Please see attached image of TOC widget settings. Is this the config that you refer to?

Kim
0 Kudos
JeffersonFerreira_Ferreira
New Contributor III
Hi Jefferson - Thank you for your reply. I am using Flexviewer 3.0. I turned off the MapSwitcherWidget and am not using the LayerListWidget. Please see attached image of TOC widget settings. Is this the config that you refer to?

Kim

Kim;

Note you have in <excludelayers></excludelayers> two child tags. One of them have an syntax error. The first one must be <excludelayer mapservice="Symbols"></excludelayer>, instead <excludelayer mapservice="Symbols"/>

Maybe it will be enough

Regards
0 Kudos
KimberlyEdmunds1
New Contributor
I tried to make the edit in the configure window of the App Builder, but the change doesn't hold. When I save and return to the config window, it shows that it has reverted back. Is there someplace else where I should be making the edit?

Thanks
0 Kudos
PetraKrsnik
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm using TOC widget 3.0 uncompiled version. Some of my layers have long names and therefore title text is not visible entirely. It is covered by menu items (zoom to, transpareny...etc). How can I fix that? I'm attaching an image so the issue would be clearer. Thaqnks for your help.
Best regards,
Petra

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18318[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos