Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kenny,

I believe that the zooming issue was fixed in a newer release. As you are speaking of a version of the widget that is now 2 versions behind I won't be able to help with bugs on that version.
0 Kudos
JasonStanton__GISP
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

Thanks for getting back to me.  To be perfectly honest I had not idea if it was something that would take 3 minutes or 3 weeks so I thought I would ask.  I completely understand your time limitations.

Jason
0 Kudos
DerekHunter1
New Contributor II
GIS Dev,

I have a Beta version right now that does all of it in the widget. This link is to the compiled widget, but if you want to test it out I would appreciate and input.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/75331-Legend-Widget-not-Refreshing?p=267156&viewfull=1#post267156

Robert,

We are using the Identity Manager built into ArcGIS Server for users to login to secured services in Flexviewer 3.0.  The TOC Widget works fine (3.0), but none of our services' served using an Identity manager login have their Legend swatches displayed in the TOC. Would the updates to the current widget address this?

I added a token to the url in the main config, but still none of the swatches display. Viewing traffic through Firebug I see:
{"error":{"code":499,"message":"Token Required","details":[]}}, so I am very confused.

Thoughts?

Derek
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Derek,

The latest versions do handle secured services using Identity Manger log in.
0 Kudos
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II
Robert:

I have read posts where you fixed the group layer issue in version 3.1.5 and above. I am using version 3.2 with Nested groups and am experiencing issued with layers turning on and off. I would give you a link to the REST endpoint but unfortunately it is not exposed. Here is a link to the screencast of the issue:
http://screencast.com/t/ClTsDb5UQeP8
This is a fresh install of the compiled code straight into the widgets folder, no modifications.

Please take a look and advise. should i break out these groups into separate services?

-Micah
0 Kudos
LewisLock
New Contributor
The layers in the TOC always appear in a random order, is there any way to make them stop doing that?  Sorry if this question has already been answered, I could'nt find it.  Lewis.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
The layers in the TOC are in the reverse order that they are listed in the main config.xml.

So, the first layer listed under <operationallayers> will be at the bottom of the TOC, the last layer in the <operationallayers> section will be at the top of the TOC.

R_
0 Kudos
RoseZhou
New Contributor III
Hi,

When I clear my browser cache and launch my FlexViewer, then open the TOC widget, I got following ActionScript error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses::TocMapLayerItem/createChildren()
at widgets.TOC.toc.tocClasses::TocMapLayerItem()
at widgets.TOC.toc::TOC/registerMapLayer()
at Function/<anonymous>()
at widgets.TOC.toc.utils::MapUtil$/forEachMapLayer()
at widgets.TOC.toc::TOC/registerAllMapLayers()
at widgets.TOC.toc::TOC/commitProperties()
at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()

If I refresh the FlexViewer and re-launch the TOC widget, it works fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Rose
0 Kudos
LewisLock
New Contributor
The layers in the TOC are in the reverse order that they are listed in the main config.xml.

So, the first layer listed under <operationallayers> will be at the bottom of the TOC, the last layer in the <operationallayers> section will be at the top of the TOC.

R_

Appreciate the response.  For the most part that is quite true, but often the ordering is ignored.  I wonder if it has something to do with different layers loading up at different rates?  Sigh.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Have you made any customizations to your FV app?  I can't reproduce your issue.

If I put some services in there that take a long time to load, it just takes longer to load my FV app, but the order in the TOC remains the same.

Perhaps someone else has experienced this issue and can help.

R_

What version of FV and TOC widget are you using?  What "type" of layers are you loading? Are you trying to use the LayerList widget and/or MapSwitcher="true" as well?
0 Kudos